Cost to install Baja Designs Fog Pocket Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bvlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently ordered the Baja Designs Fog Pocket Kit and will be looking for an installer. Can anyone give me an estimate as to what I can expect to pay for installation? Thanks in advance.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We charge about 2 hours for installation. Depending on where in the country you are, shop rates vary. Here on LI you can range from $85/hour to $160/hour.

It's not a difficult install though.

OP
OP
B

bvlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in SW Ohio, can install for nothing, as long as you help.

Thanks so much for the offer but I am in southeastern Michigan. Very generous of you.

I have a guy who hardwired my Valentine 1 and did a great job and he is willing to install the lights. I mainly wrote to see what would be appropriate to pay him because he tends to underprice himself and I want to make sure I give him what is fair as opposed to what he says I owe him.

Thanks to everyone for the responses. This is a great forum (the “4 beers” response is the perfect example......).

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the offer but I am in southeastern Michigan. Very generous of you.

I have a guy who hardwired my Valentine 1 and did a great job and he is willing to install the lights. I mainly wrote to see what would be appropriate to pay him because he tends to underprice himself and I want to make sure I give him what is fair as opposed to what he says I owe him.

Thanks to everyone for the responses. This is a great forum (the “4 beers” response is the perfect example......).
Does he come to you or do you drive to his shop? If he comes to you, consider $75 to $100 an hour including his travel time. If you go to him...same deal but no travel time.

Enjoy the lights!

Last edited:

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actual lights are really easy to install and I did mine without a hitch...ya just need to get the nerve up to drill that first hole..lol..
As far as the Wiring,not wanting to test my electrical skills and do more harm than good,I'm having a small RV shop wire them up for me next week,cant give you a price yet,BUT...finding a small RV shop should save lots over having the dealership do it...Did ask at Dealership and when you get an .."Oh,it can take from 1 hr to 4 hrs if we run into problems"..give me a break...@ $110 per hour your telling me I could come back for a $110 bill or a $440 bill...way to far a spread,and I dont like surprises....this is compared to the RV shop that told be it should take under an hour @ $75.

Last edited: