Corsa vs AWE - Who Has Owned Both?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Corsa resonator delete here. I like it a lot. Good volume and only ever raspy shortly after cold start at a specific RPM and load. No rasp once warm. Little drone at certain RPM but none when cruising at highway speed so it's not a big deal.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I spent a lot of time with aftermarket exhausts. I did Gibson as it was the first released and promptly pulled it off. I did Ford Performance Touring. I tried corsa sport and others.

I just found that over time the noise and the farty sound has gotten to me a little bit. It’s the only V6 engine I’ve never piped. It could be a V6 thing, as they all have a similar rasp....could be an ecoboost thing.... no idea...

I also have a European inline 6 in my stable that sounds amazing.

my advice to anyone looking at exhausts would be to consider small changes. Downpipes with a stock exhaust for a little more volume.... or stock exhaust but replace the stock muffler with a flow master... or just a resonator delete with an x Pipe.... when you go with a complete catback exhaust.... be prepared for what you’re going to get.... and at first it’ll seem cool... and then.... after awhile.... you’ll be trying to figure out ways to quiet it down.

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spent a lot of time with aftermarket exhausts. I did Gibson as it was the first released and promptly pulled it off. I did Ford Performance Touring. I tried corsa sport and others.

I just found that over time the noise and the farty sound has gotten to me a little bit. It’s the only V6 engine I’ve never piped. It could be a V6 thing, as they all have a similar rasp....could be an ecoboost thing.... no idea...

I also have a European inline 6 in my stable that sounds amazing.

my advice to anyone looking at exhausts would be to consider small changes. Downpipes with a stock exhaust for a little more volume.... or stock exhaust but replace the stock muffler with a flow master... or just a resonator delete with an x Pipe.... when you go with a complete catback exhaust.... be prepared for what you’re going to get.... and at first it’ll seem cool... and then.... after awhile.... you’ll be trying to figure out ways to quiet it down.

Exactly how I approached it. I did the resonator delete, figuring I can always do the rest later. Turned out the resonator delete was all I needed.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
hmm weird. Mine is exact opposite. 2fg drones as much as my corsa xtreme with downpipes.
Originally 2fg to 1fg then added downpipes and the rasp was embarrassing.

Ripped off the AWEas fast as I could to the corsa xtreme.

This is what we've found as well. The only exhaust we recommend with any brand of downpipes is the Corsa as it doesn't have drone like all the other options.

Reaction score
While I’ve never run the Corsa on my Raptor, I have heard a few different Corsa setups. They were all a little too raspy for my liking. I’ve run the AWE 2FG on my truck for awhile now and I’ve been very happy with it. Minimal drone with a clean deep sound. If you’re just looking for a bit of a deeper sound I think the 2FG is definitely the way to go! And I would also recommend purchasing from Neo Garage - he’ll take good care of you.

I have some sound clips on my YouTube if you want to check those out too.

NEOGARAGE

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
While I’ve never run the Corsa on my Raptor, I have heard a few different Corsa setups. They were all a little too raspy for my liking. I’ve run the AWE 2FG on my truck for awhile now and I’ve been very happy with it. Minimal drone with a clean deep sound. If you’re just looking for a bit of a deeper sound I think the 2FG is definitely the way to go! And I would also recommend purchasing from Neo Garage - he’ll take good care of you.

I have some sound clips on my YouTube if you want to check those out too.

Makes me miss my 2019 with 2FG so bad :/ the Tremor is sick but the Raptor is incredible.

Nood1es

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got any sound clips of the Corsa with downpipes?

That’s interesting though being as the 2FG keeps the OEM resonator in place. I’ve installed dozens of them and haven’t had anyone complain about droning.
Yeah I do, how I do post up a vid on here? Otherwise I can msg you the vid on IG

WI to FL and back with the corsa xtreme w/dp was much better than the 2FG WI to FL

Nood1es

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what we've found as well. The only exhaust we recommend with any brand of downpipes is the Corsa as it doesn't have drone like all the other options.
I don’t mind drone... the AWE combo with catted spd downpipes and rasp was too damn embarrassing to stand. Worst than a Honda Civic.

I gotta agree with @Guy tho. Catted Downpipe and stock exhaust is probably the best route to go. If I did it again that’s what I’d do. Don’t have my stock pieces anymore.