GEN 2 Corsa/SPD combo! Finally video!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hghlndr85

Reaction score
Here are 2 quick videos. I'm kinda limited on space to let it rip in town I'm in. The in car represents the sound the best. In the exterior video the drive away sounds raspy for some reason and it's not in person. The revs are accurate. The corsa with spd has a much smoother even balanced sound vs the corsa res delete. This setup is aggressive though.it is not quiet once in boost. Cruising it is fine. There is more cabin noise with the spd. I wouldn't say it's drone but you can hear it more in cabin around 2k. Overall I think it is very close to the gtr sound. I never wanted this truck to sound like a v8. I wanted to capture the turbo v6 sound.

JCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love it, but the sheer volume would get me in trouble. I am considered pulling the trigger and welding in two Vibrant bottle resonators into the tail pipes to try to control the volume. Ford did something similar with the Raptor R.

screaminfast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds awesome. Now I’m torn. I have downpipes and was going to do the roush or stainless works (mainly because ~ $1k for downpipe all the back)

OP
OP
H

Hghlndr85

Reaction score
I also thought about adding resonators but there isn't alot of space. Above 4k it's gtr bald eagles in a good way and in a I'm afraid to go over 4k bc of the sound and attention lol. Cruising under normal conditions sounds perfect.

screaminfast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also thought about adding resonators but there isn't alot of space. Above 4k it's gtr bald eagles in a good way and in a I'm afraid to go over 4k bc of the sound and attention lol. Cruising under normal conditions sounds perfect.

I think it’s actually very throaty compared to a lot of them. Just pricey at like $2500 for both pieces.

OP
OP
H

Hghlndr85

Reaction score
Yea it's pricey. I have always had a fascination with finding perfect exhaust note for the vehicle. I did it on all my previous mustangs which usually led to corsa. Seems the raptor is the same there. I like the truck with the corsa extreme but the spd gave the balanced tone.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think it sounds great! I’ve used both these pieces by themselves, but never together. I’m currently using just the SPD. I’d love to add the Corsa muffler but know it would probably be too loud for me. Sounds great though.

BBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a borla with x-pipe on mine and the ricer effect was unbearable, with resonance at 2-2500rpm.
Added borla resonator and at time of install it was silent, too quiet.
After 25k the truck sounds amazing inside and out, zero 'drone' and is perfect for me. Really comes alive at WOT.
Curious what resonator with atak muffler would sound like but not enough to spend $ (oem muffler had loose baffle which is only reason i replaced stock system).

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the original.....

SPD down pipes and CORSA XTREME. I love them both. Absolute must for the GEN 2s, hands down, t!ts up.