Corsa Extreme X pipes less a 1,000 miles. $375

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what makes the decision so difficult. I have been holding off on a resonator delete and going with a straight system, no X or H pipe, but trying to figure out the sound without buying everything and selling it all.

i am looking for ZERO drone and the least amount of Raspy, I really don’t want to change the whole system

Remove the resonator and keep the rest of the system stock?

Change the Down pipes ( I have to keep the cats) and keep or Chang the resonator?

Change just the muffler? And possibly get rid of the resonator?

So many options and some are costly and would end up in the classified section

I drive mostly in a small town and jump on to the highway/Parkway and 70-80 mph is where I’m at

thanks in advance

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The OP was running the Corsa extreme and complained about it being too loud.

I am running the Corsa sport which is exactly the same as the extreme except that the sport keeps the oem resonator.

BTW both system replaces the muffler and the tail pipes.

I suggested to the OP to reinstall the OEM resonator and doing so will make it less noisy. Why do you think they call it an extreme system? lol!

BTW ... I like my corsa sport. It has a nice cold start and is for the most part is quiet until you get on it. And even when you get on it it is not super loud.

This is just my opinion but don't mess with the down pipes as it involves messing with the cats. And also playing around with the down pipes by getting something more free flowing makes it loud as hell. And did I tell you they are a PITA to install.

AWE systems are nice in that you can do 1 piece at a time. I would go with the 2FG to start and add more pieces if you want more volume.

When I replaced my exhaust I weighed everything.

OEM muffler >> 39.9 pounds.
OEM tail pipes >> 20.4 (driver side) & 15.2 (passenger side) pounds

OEM total weight = 75.5 pounds

Corsa muffler >> 25.25 pounds
Corsa Tail pipes are total of 6 pieces (2 pieces per side and of course 2 enormous tips) >> 6.05, 7.6, 7.85, 9.7 and 3.55 x2 (tips)
Corsa Hardware >> 3.75 pounds

Total Corsa weight = 67.3 pounds

And AWE advertises a weight savings of 23.5 pounds just by going with the 2fg (muffler replacement) and with the 0FG (replacing everything downpipe back) you are saving 41 pounds.

I hope this helps you decide.

This is what makes the decision so difficult. I have been holding off on a resonator delete and going with a straight system, no X or H pipe, but trying to figure out the sound without buying everything and selling it all.

i am looking for ZERO drone and the least amount of Raspy, I really don’t want to change the whole system

Remove the resonator and keep the rest of the system stock?

Change the Down pipes ( I have to keep the cats) and keep or Chang the resonator?

Change just the muffler? And possibly get rid of the resonator?

So many options and some are costly and would end up in the classified section

I drive mostly in a small town and jump on to the highway/Parkway and 70-80 mph is where I’m at

thanks in advance

Last edited:
OP
OP
Todd Turbo S

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am so glad my wifey did not make me get rid of mine. I love the sound and noise!!!!!!!!!
It’s an amazing sound. Corsa really his the high mark with this set up. I know we can’t make our Gen 2 sound like a Gen1 v8, but Corsa Exteme comes really close