Copperhead Snake Deterrent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Other than a shotgun or .22 rat snake shot, what are you using to keep snakes away during camping and etc?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
turn some hamsters loose in the adjoining campsite and make it generally more attractive to snakes than your site.

Edit to add: standing in a long line at starbucks doesn’t count as ‘camping’. Just sayin’.

OP
OP
D

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Powdered sulfur. A snake won't cross over it.

I heard others say it wont work. This copperhead is under a walk way close to the house.

I will mix vinegar, peppermint and cinnamon and spray it all in there with my power washer and see if I can flush him out and away.

OP
OP
D

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This animal is in my yard lol. Sneaky bugger though. We did apply a sulfur based product lastnight and I hope it got the hint.

He usually shows up around high noon.

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mothballs. The naphthalene gas they put off is an eye irritant for both snake and it’s prey.
Some will claim that it doesn’t work, however, it has for me.
It’s cheap as well.

OP
OP
D

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Already did the moth balls, maybe I did not use enough.

I left the AR and the CANiX with the lady incase he should rise again out of the rocks.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Already did the moth balls, maybe I did not use enough.

I left the AR and the CANiX with the lady incase he should rise again out of the rocks.
Run over it with your truck?
Edit to add: standing in a long line at starbucks doesn’t count as ‘camping’. Just sayin’.
Even if the line is REALLY long?