Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Cooler weather and Forced Induction

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by Antho, Oct 12, 2019 at 2:56 PM.

1. Antho

Antho Full Access Member

So, Here in South Texas it is currently 70 degrees after a cold front blew in last night. This is the coolest the weather has been since i bought my raptor and Holy Hell! I've heard folks talking about traction control kicking in during a launch and i figured it was tuned trucks or maybe my truck just wasnt as fast. Well, i just got back from a car parts run for the mustang and i'm amazed. Not only does the truck break the tires loose in 3rd but just overall feels completely different in a good way. Hell even the shifting was seamless. I had to take the long way back home as it was too dang fun. So, with the temp currently be 20 degrees cooler, How the hell do i get my truck to perform this way once the temps are back in the 90s? I assume its just getting a little more dense air and causing it to get into boost sooner? My truck feels like a completely different truck and i want to keep it that way!

2. Johnkn

Johnkn Full Access Member

In Sport mode?

Blockaderunner likes this.
  3. Badgertits

Badgertits Full Access Member

Lol try 25 degrees

SS308 and borzraptor like this.
  4. xrocket21

xrocket21 FRF Addict

Love that horsepower air

2 stroke sleds love it. You can actually melt one down if you get too loud with it

Badgertits likes this.
  5. CigarPundit

CigarPundit Full Access Member

Getting a better intercooler will help. The stock IC is so so.

6. Antho

Antho Full Access Member

Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. nikhsub1

nikhsub1 FRF Addict

This but the stock IC is utter garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

8. 19Stripper

19Stripper Member

Yeah.. theres a major difference. It's the computers live system management thing. It lowers power output when intake temps are high to be safer for the engine. During summer at 90 degrees my truck feels slow, after dark when it's in the 60s it's a whole different truck lol. Better intercooler would help stock temps, tune would make the power output more reliable. They'll screech the tires in 4th when conditions are perfect from the factory lol. If you look up one of the tuning company's dyno results on YouTube (can't remember which) it shows how drastically they differ. In the morning it puts out very high numbers for a stock truck. He repeats stock run later when the temps were high and numbers drop a LOT. The tune raises power output when hot by 100hp or something crazy.

Antho likes this.
  9. FXT

FXT Member

More Power Tuning (MPT) is the video. I can swear by their tune. I live in Houston and the truck doesnt really mind the heat but that cool front did make it even more awesome. Come on Fall!