Cooler plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When and what mods would require changing over to cooler temp plugs?

Thank you kindly

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did my plugs last week. I have an E50 @GooseTuned in my email and ready to go. I just got my ethanol tester to calculate mixing ratio and Saturday is the day!
I used to chase trying to mix it right, but if you're using E85 and premium (which is usually E10) just do a 50/50 mix and it'll be close enough. So many other things go into the tune, the truck will adapt as it needs to. One thing that does help is to drive for a few miles to get the mix into the system, and then do a few WOT blasts so it can learn the 'mix.'

RR_Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to chase trying to mix it right, but if you're using E85 and premium (which is usually E10) just do a 50/50 mix and it'll be close enough. So many other things go into the tune, the truck will adapt as it needs to. One thing that does help is to drive for a few miles to get the mix into the system, and then do a few WOT blasts so it can learn the 'mix.'

Thanks and yeah, I was thinking about that last night. Allow the fuel to mix and get all the way through the lines.

Mike T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did one step colder plugs in mine, have an MPT tune. I data logged after the plugs and a COBB FMIC, MPT said it all worked great.