Cooled seats not working?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder why they sometimes work good. I think there is an issue with mine. Granted, it was 114 today, this is the time I need them to work. Is it too hot out for them to work well. I've had the truck 2 days.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is a funny thread because some actually thought Ford put an AC system in the seats.. That cost would have made the MSRP go up several thousand lol... To run a ac vent under the seat would not be practical with the up and down backwards and forwards keeping the vent from losing seal or tearing up because of movement.

Air movement is a good thing but with this version that Ford while not being as effective as it could be beats the hell out of my 11 model which has none..

JDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck is at the dealer now having the "AC" seats looked at. Worked great the first day I bought it, would blow your skirt up over your head, now hardly anything at all. It is only 7 weeks old with 3000 miles and hasn't been offroad yet so the filters shouldn't be dirty.

Let you know what they find wrong, probably nothing!

155mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck is at the dealer now having the "AC" seats looked at. Worked great the first day I bought it, would blow your skirt up over your head, now hardly anything at all. It is only 7 weeks old with 3000 miles and hasn't been offroad yet so the filters shouldn't be dirty.

Let you know what they find wrong, probably nothing!

Ever have an update on this? My seat is weak. Can't feel a thing.

I'd rather avoid having to drop it off if it's something simple like a previous poster noticed the ductwork not snug.

JDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ever have an update on this? My seat is weak. Can't feel a thing.

I'd rather avoid having to drop it off if it's something simple like a previous poster noticed the ductwork not snug.

Yeah, they told me once the seats are broken in or foam in the seats for that matter, get squished and close up the holes where the air is supposed to come through. Makes sense, but sucks. Must be a design flaw.

I've thought about having my seats taken apart and having different foam, bigger holes, etc, something to fix the problem and let the air through.

Hasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My cooled seats are now worthless. I plan on brining it to the dealer to access. Hopefully they have a fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine work but the fans are loud as hell. I don't recall them being that loud before

JDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine work but the fans are loud as hell. I don't recall them being that loud before

Mine are loud too. It sounds like there is something running, like a blower, under the dash at the same time...