Cooled seats not working?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jlauth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not misleading. Just a LIE.
Someone needs to figure out how to over drive the fan then and get it to run at 150%

I agree with that, or maybe find a serious computer fan or something to replace it? I will look into this stuff at some point.

KeithS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't speak for others, but my 2012 blows COLD air, even after 8000 miles. It seems to have some type of electric heat pump in the bottom and back of each front seat. I just ran a test: engine running, climate control off, seat cooling on max. COLD air was coming out of the seating surface and HOT air was coming out of the exhaust of both blowers. There is definitely some form of active cooling going on.

The seat bottom blower exhausts forward, see photo below looking backward from the front, it is the rectangular opening with the copper visible inside. Mine is exhausting enough heat that I was able to easily locate the exhaust by reaching my hand in from the front and following the heat.
bdaaa1f0-1954-a33a.jpg

The seat back blower exhausts down, see photo below with the seat back unzipped, it is the wide black duct routed down from the blower. Sorry for the blurry photo, there is a better one posted by someone else earlier in this thread. Even with the seat cover in place I could feel heat emanating from the lower left corner of the seat back. The entire exhaust tube gets quite warm to the touch.
bdaaa1f0-1a1d-5ecc.jpg

I can confirm that there are two filters, as someone posted earlier. I was unaware of the one in the seat back until that post. Both of mine are still perfectly clean after 8000 miles with a lot of desert driving (windows closed and I keep the interior clean).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wheela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They must use a peltier cooler not cold air from the A/C. probably just reverse the current to make heat.

Im pretty sure the way the seats heat is just heating coils/heating pad inside the seat that warms up.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Okay I dug around in my seats... Filter were clean, the fan for the back, had popped loose from the velcro on both seats. I did the zip tie trick to pull the little fans back into the hole in the foam cushion. After looking at the fans in the back of the seats. There is nothing special about them, nothing more than 4" axial fans with filter and silencer.. Made proudly in Honduras. Sorry Ford, the Raptor is a big success the cooled seats.. Big fail...

-Greg

UniqueOne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am thinking to replace my back seats of my 2012 Raptor Screw with front heated/cooled seats. So I will get 4 captain chairs. If there is no A/C, it will make my installation a lot easier.