GEN 1 Coolant Color - Is this Normal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ikarah

Ikarah

Reaction score
Did you check the bottom of the expansion tank before driving it around? If not, it may be some residue from before.
I did, it looked the same it's like a dark base, I'll go back and ask the technician maybe there's residue there he couldn't clean off
Get a pistol or rifle cleaning rod, and swab the bottom of the reservoir and see if that stuff comes away on a piece of old tee shirt.
I'll give that a shot and post back what I find

Gryphon313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bottom half of the expansion tank is black plastic that is molded as one piece with the bottom of the air filter box.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Uhh, why would it be on the bottom of the expansion tank if oil floats on top of
Coolant?

OP
OP
Ikarah

Ikarah

Reaction score
Uhh, why would it be on the bottom of the expansion tank if oil floats on top of
Coolant?
I agree those are my thoughts too. Maybe the bottom has other debris that's not oil like rust.. but I'll check that. As for the coolant itself it seems clean

OP
OP
Ikarah

Ikarah

Reaction score
Checked everything took it to several mechanics there's no debris the coolant color is normal its just the bottom of the expansion tank that makes it look that way...