Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Convince Me...

Discussion in 'Prospective Raptor Owners' started by LoganW, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Birdistheword

Birdistheword Member

Nothing else on the road compares to the raptor, it's the meanest looking truck hands down, it's quick (450 HP), it's got an incredibly roomy cab, it's SAFE for a family vehicle and it's got all the luxury options with the 802A. That being said, drawbacks I've had so far is that the bed is short and I personally have had some quality issues with my 2020, and it COST me $70K!!!

2. JoeSC

JoeSC Member

I have to respectfully disagree. Get a tonneau, it’s worth it and solves many of those issues. This was my first year doing one of our road trips in the Raptor and there was soooo much room. And better yet, no one had to have stuff all around them and I could easily see out the back. I didn’t have anything shift around but I have a spray in liner.

The kids and my wife (who could not possibly care less about vehicles) love it. We’ve just been taking drives during Covid to cure boredom. Everyone is different but I’d be surprised if you regret it.

Also, the back seat is gigantic. I think I could fit my previous car in it.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  3. MyRaptorLife

MyRaptorLife Full Access Member

Ditto the back seat of the Screw. When we picked ours up we were driving cross country. We had a Ford Explorer rental that was pack to the hilt. Seats down and everything. When we transferred the stuff to the Raptor, all of it WOULD have fit in the back if we didn't need some room for our dog. We had to put the cooler in the bed along with a small bag. Otherwise we would have been able to fit everything in the back of the cab. It was shocking.

JoeSC likes this.
  4. pbtjrlmrt

pbtjrlmrt Full Access Member

You forgot reliability and resale and looks. Both trucks easily meet your stated needs and the Raptor will take you to the next level. If you need to be convinced then you should probably go for the Sierra....cheaper. The Raptor speaks for itself and doesn't require any interpretation. The 19 and 20 model years are best as all kinks are worked out. If you wait you might be pleasantly surprised with the 2021 model but it'll be a while before it is available.

5. sixshooter_45

sixshooter_45 Ruby Red Metallic Supercrew, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.

Doesn't the AT4 have those crappy Rancho shocks?

Get the Raptor, no comparison.

6. No Brakes

No Brakes Member

The raptor wannabe or the real deal? Buy the raptor.

7. Joshua Krueger

Joshua Krueger Full Access Member

If you don't go with the leather/sunroof ect you can get a raptor for well under 60K brand new.

8. II Sevv

II Sevv Full Access Member

If you can afford a $60k truck who cares about fuel economy. And if both are crew cabs, what makes a raptor any less family oriented?

JoeSC likes this.
  9. JefferyGT

JefferyGT Full Access Member

Acronym for the Raptor Super Crew is SCREW for a reason... There is so much space back there with the seats up!

Enjoy.

JoeSC likes this.