Converting to 3/4 or 1 ton on a 2018 Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I use my 2018 Raptor as my ranch vehicle and it is way better than a 150 or 250 for a multitude of reasons (turning radius, mud, clearance, power, pull, etc). The only downside is that I'm limited to the weight of feed I can carry in the back and I'd like to carry more. Has anyone tried to upgrade the suspension to 3/4 or 1 ton on a Raptor? Any feedback would be appreciated. Many thanks,

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure that would be an upgrade when it comes to the purpose built truck the Raptor is.

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You would be much further ahead if you started with a Superduty and modified the suspension for your needs. You can add leaf springs and coils to the Raptor, but you will hit a limit with other areas.

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If by 3/4 or 1 ton you car talking the load in the bed, its very doable.
search site for towing mods. Its still a 5.5' box, so that's going to be a limiting factor. Maybe a tilt trailer would work for those heavy loads.

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The perfect truck for you would be an F250 Tremor. Sorry I don’t have the time to write an essay on why at the moment, but from your needs that truck was made for you. Forget HD leaves on a raptor for small payload gains. If you want to haul 3-4000 lbs in the bed with many of the pluses of a raptor (but losing the capability of driving dirt roads at 100+ mph), go straight to the 250 and get the tremor package.

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’re tracking that F250 Tremor max payload is 2,600 pounds, right? That is with the driver and any random items already in the cab. So you might get a shade over 2,000 pounds in that bed. Double what a Raptor will haul but don’t tell the guy he can go and put 4,000 pounds in it.

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been really happy with the roadmaster active suspension springs I put on my 18. Picked the back up so it doesn't squat anymore, and when I load heavy stuff (like a 7' blade for my tractor) it didn't squat much at all. They don't show the HD version for the Raptor, but they fit the same and give a little more load (called them about it before I got them). You want the 3611-YHD model, not the regular 3611.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Sounds like you need air bags or some of those Sumho rubber blocks on the rear. I don't really see a reason why that would not get you the same capacity as a regular f-150 around the ranch.

You would have to change out the rear axle and a bunch of other stuff to get to 3/4 or 1 ton.