GEN 2 Control arms rubbing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

614Rap

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

First post but I’ve been a long time lurker here at the FRF and have learned a great deal about these trucks thanks to you guys. Currently have a 2020 White 802a with some goodies on it that I absolutely love. Just noticed an issue though and was hoping to get some advice.

Recently noticed some scraping on the control arms on both sides of the front of my truck. I believe this has something to do with either the eibach leveling springs or my wheel/tire setup. Ive noticed this is happening when the suspension compresses while turning causing contact between the control arm and what appears to be the turn stop?

Currently in the process of moving away from 20x10 methods with -24 offset (I know) and moving to 17x18.5 methods with 0 offset. Currently running 35/12.50/20 ko2s and planning to stick with same size when my 17s show up.

Issue is I’m not sure if it is the negative offset wheels causing this or the leveling springs. Or how serious this issue may be and if I will need to replace the control arms down the road etc. Would a switch to 17s solve this issue or would the springs need to come off as well?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.

68314504-ACBC-4D4F-BED5-EB962FA98139.jpeg

Attachments

• D2A27F8D-8AB5-41D5-8B56-4729CEB471A2.jpeg
    D2A27F8D-8AB5-41D5-8B56-4729CEB471A2.jpeg
    201.8 KB · Views: 57
  • DE0F81B0-8491-41AB-8F10-324673AECEBC.jpeg
    DE0F81B0-8491-41AB-8F10-324673AECEBC.jpeg
    144.3 KB · Views: 57
OP
OP
614Rap

614Rap

Reaction score
Towards the outside of the lower control arm near the bottom. Just started noticing this the other day and I’ve had the current setup on the truck for about 10 months or so. Not sure if it’s new or I’m just blind haha.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
Yeah, the “rubbing” is the steering knuckle rubbing the control arm at full steering lock. It’s designed to do that.

However, if you’re driving at full lock more than occasionally to get into/out of a tight space then you could wear it enough to need replacement, especially if there is up/down suspension action in sandy/muddy surface conditions.

It shouldn’t ever be a problem, but I’ve seen people who like to crank it full lock and stomp the gas to do donuts, etc.

OP
OP
614Rap

614Rap

Reaction score
I may be guilty of your last statement more than a few times. Always in dirt though ha. Also frequently backing in/out of tight spot on a slight slope at work may do it. Thanks for the info makes me a bit less worried now.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The eibachs would probably cause you to come into contact more frequently than if you were stock, but not sure how much though.

The more you droop out the suspension, the closer the stop would come to the contact point.

I can’t imagine there is much issue with it until the nub wears down too much and allows more steering angle than it should.

May not be a bad idea to turn the wheel to lock each way, memorize how many turns it takes to get there, and make a mental note to stop before full lock in the future. Example: say 1.5 turns to full lock, so stop at 1.375 turns