Contemplating taking off my Fox Shocks Factory Race 3.0's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Krazykorean

Krazykorean

Full Access Member
Reaction score
surprised you didn't keep the oem shocks. you recoup your costs when you restore it back to OEM to sell/trade or in your case, buyers remorse and then sell the 3.0's on FRF...
I actually kept them, then found live valve setup come up and then sold my 2018 set and now I have low mileage 2020 set.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would swap the 3.0 FRS shocks for the ‘20 live valve shocks, but don’t use the lv delete. Use the E Clik instead, it’ll be much better. Honestly, there’s no benefit to the FRS shocks over the oem live valve shocks for your use once you have the E Clik or DSC, there’s only an advantage in fade resistance due to oil capacity, but that’s not something that’ll make a difference on the street or even light off road. But having computer control over the valves is the game changer.

If you want to take it up a level, have SDI revalve your ‘20 shocks for the E Clik.

OP
OP
Krazykorean

Krazykorean

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update! I just decided to put the OEM with Eibachs and OEM UCAs and alignment was fine. Sold the setup.

But still have the UCAs for sale in the Garage section. if anyone is interested.

OP
OP
Krazykorean

Krazykorean

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you think of the change?

I totally forgot how the OEM shocks and Eibachs felt. Fox 3.0 race are 10000% better but was such a waste since I never did take it off road. Not ashamed to admit it. That was the full intent but never happened. I’d rather have that money in my pocket and I don’t mind the ride.

SEANRAPTOR

Reaction score
I would swap the 3.0 FRS shocks for the ‘20 live valve shocks, but don’t use the lv delete. Use the E Clik instead, it’ll be much better. Honestly, there’s no benefit to the FRS shocks over the oem live valve shocks for your use once you have the E Clik or DSC, there’s only an advantage in fade resistance due to oil capacity, but that’s not something that’ll make a difference on the street or even light off road. But having computer control over the valves is the game changer.

If you want to take it up a level, have SDI revalve your ‘20 shocks for the E Clik.
I have a 2020 raptor and have seen a lot about this e clik stuff. What will this upgrade do for my truck? What is cost as well?
thanks!

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 2020 raptor and have seen a lot about this e clik stuff. What will this upgrade do for my truck? What is cost as well?
thanks!
It allows the shocks to be controlled at a much higher frequency, 500Hz vs 30Hz. In other words, the shocks are receiving data from the dynamic control module about 15+ times as fast/often, which provides much more control over the shocks, and the EClik uses values outside if the factory mapping. EClik or DSC controllers do what an ecu tune does for power, it gets the most possible performance out of your stock hardware utilizing just software changes.

Being able to control the valving based on all the metrics canbus is monitoring allows you to tune the suspension performance and behavior with no changes to the dampers themselves.