GEN 1 CONSTANT vibration while driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As a general rule, if you feel the vibration in your hands through the steering, it will be something in the frontend. Most likely a wheel out of balance or a tire issue of some sort.

If you feel the vibration more in your butt the problem is most likely in the backend, either wheels and tires or drive line.

As a quick test rotate the wheels and tires front to rear and rear to front on each side. This should rule out or confirm the wheels and tires.

OP
OP
K

KingRoman

Reaction score
As a general rule, if you feel the vibration in your hands through the steering, it will be something in the frontend. Most likely a wheel out of balance or a tire issue of some sort.

If you feel the vibration more in your butt the problem is most likely in the backend, either wheels and tires or drive line.

As a quick test rotate the wheels and tires front to rear and rear to front on each side. This should rule out or confirm the wheels and tires.

Its at the dealer now. It was in the steering wheel and both front seats.

Funny thing is, when I had the tires rotated it seemed to move the vibration to the front of the vehicle. So it could very well be the tires even though they are only a few months old with 3k miles on them.

98infinity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its at the dealer now. It was in the steering wheel and both front seats.

Funny thing is, when I had the tires rotated it seemed to move the vibration to the front of the vehicle. So it could very well be the tires even though they are only a few months old with 3k miles on them.

How was the steering wheel to fault?

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
98, he's saying the vibration was most noticeable in the steering wheel and front seats.

OP
OP
K

KingRoman

Reaction score
I'm thinking bad tire. One of them has a bubble or ply separation.

Yup confirmed.

Ford Dealer found out when it wouldn't balance on the road force machine.

Contacted BFG and they said I have to go get it checked out at a tire shop and if its true I'll either get 1 or 2 free tires (depending on wear of the other).

Will update.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had an inconsistent shake in the front end, sometimes it would shake worse than others. I replaced my oem tie rods with RPG ones and now no shake.

D

Deleted member 12951

My vibration is coming from the wheel hub bearing on the front driver side starting to go out. Thought it was tires but didn't go away after rotation

98infinity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was the shocks had one blown in the front the shimmy in the steering went away.