Console lid removal 2019 SCREW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dmarkh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am trying to remove the console lid. I previously saw a thread that had disassembly/assembly instructions but can't seem to locate it. I found and removed 5 screws but something is still holding it on. Can someone help or point me to that thread. is there a 6th screw hidden somewhere? I don't want to break something.

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe this...

You basically snap the inside out of the padded part mark and drill to attach tech plate. It is heavier but far enough past center point when open to easy stay open and does not close too hard (I would not drive with it open as heavy brakes may make that statement not so true)

Install video...

* I have no connection to BuiltRight. For them I would suggest having the video link on the product page (though you can use the tech plate in many ways, it jsut fits Fords well for this use).

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like there are 6 screws so you may be missing one. Probably this one:

The lower screw on the LH side also has a wiring harness retainer that must be removed in order to gain access to the screw.

OP
OP
dmarkh

dmarkh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes that helps. The 6th screw is under the wiring harness that I also don't know how to remove safely. But it must be there so...
Although that states " the 2 lower screws (T-20 Torx) are a PITA to get to". Even in the picture shown, they are the same as the top 3. I see no torx anywhere in the pic or on my truck.