Considering Two SC’d Raptors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordraptor510

Reaction score
I am currently in the market for a supercharged gen 1 raptor in Californi, and recently came across two models for sale.
The first one is a 2011 SCREW (asking $42k)with around 96k miles. It has the pro charger stage 2 kit, and has had the following done in the last 2k miles:

TRANSMISSION SERVICE FORD
SHOCK LABOR
SMOG
TIRES
SHOCK REBUILD
EXHAUST
DETAIL
INTERIOR PAINT
SPARK PLUGS
GAUGE POD
METHOD WHEELS X 6
WEIGHT FEE
SHOCK SEALS
PROCHARGER OIL
BLOW OFF FILTER
ENGINE OIL
BRAKES
COOLANT OIL FILTER
SPARK PLUG WIRES
ENGINE FILTER
TIRES MOUNT
BOOST GAUGE
MISHIMOTO RADIATOR
LOWER RADIATOR HOSE
FRONT BUMPER POWDER COAT
COOLANT
BUMPER HARDWARE
REGISTRATION
TRANSFER CASE FRONT AND REAR DIFF FLUID
MID PIPE DELETE
REAR BUMPER CHASE RACK MATT
REAR RACK STRAPS
REAR BAJA DESIGNS LED
REAR LIC AND LED PLATE LIGHTS
VP FUEL CANS
02 SENSORS
TINT
BAJA DESIGNS A PILLAR LIGHTS AMBER
BUGGY WHIP LED WHIPS
BUGGY WHIP QUICK RELEASE
PAINT GRILLE VALANCE DOOR
FRONT REAR DIFF SERVICE & SEALS
BATTERY INTERSTATE
EXTRA BELTS HD GREEN GATES
EXHAUST TURN DOWNS
REAR LED LIGHTS LIC PLATE
BAJA DESIGNS A PILLAR BRACKETS
MAF SENSOR
TUNE DARDAN
LED HEADLIGHTS
JACK ALUM QUICK REL

The second truck is a 2012 SCREW (asking $33k feel like there is more wiggle room) with 153k miles. It came new with roush supercharger kit, and has bed mounted tent. Had shocks replaced 20k miles ago and, new brakes recently, and new AC.

Would appreciate anyones input as to which truck seems more appealing.

Is the extra ~55k miles something to be worried about? Or would it be worth the money I’m saving?

Any experience on the pro charger supercharger can the roush one? Could I expect more reliability from the Roush one, as it came from the factory?

Would really appreciate anyones input, or even recommendations for a potential raptor buyer!

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No expert but I have not read great things about the pro charges. I thought the tunes for the pro charger was difficult and was prone to issues.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Assuming both of maintenance history and absent of any major failures…If it was my daily I go for the lower miles one. If it was my weekend toy I go with roush

Last edited:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would go with the Roush , the procharger 6.2's don't hold up as well as the Roush or Whipple. Whichever you choose, make sure to have an inspection done by somebody who knows Raptors. Check both for rust under the rockers and back of cab bottoms, most are okay, but some that were not taken care of can rust there. If you blow a motor in either of them, there are none available atm.

taitanium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does anyone know if the air filter for a gen1 roush should be oiled or dry? also is there a better serpentine belt than original

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
does anyone know if the air filter for a gen1 roush should be oiled or dry? also is there a better serpentine belt than original
Yes there is a better belt, but I can't remember off hand, it has been mentioned on the forum a lot earlier on. You can try and use the search function to find it, or wait until somebody chimes in.

wanna_b_03

Reaction score
I would pass on a Procharger for this application. Prochargers are great in race applications. They act more similar to a turbos and require RPM to make boost. I had one on my Vette and it was a blast to drive. it was a weekend toy and needed to spin 4000+ rpms to build boost. With a truck I think you would want the instant power that a roots style blower gives.