Considering swapping my Gen 1 Roush for an 18 Shelby Baja Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HighHP

Reaction score
Don't do it, you will be very dis-satisfied with huge drop in HP and torque. I have a 2014 Shelby Baja700 Raptor with 700 HP. Just bought a 2022 TRX. Great power. I have my name on the RAPTOR R list with my local dealer. Maybe, I will go with the R if it ever comes out.

OP
OP
Hilbilly Jack

Hilbilly Jack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup - I definitely will be keeping the Roush. I've done enough to it to make me very satisfied with it, plus they want $79K for the Shelby and there is no longer an add for the fact that it's supposed to be a Shelby on KBB or Black Book!

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally I think the Shelby Baja is uglier than sin. It's even more ridiculous if you won't be in the desert with it regularly.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Keep your GEN1. Shelby Raptor is not what it used to be. cough, tuscany..
This ^^^^

Just a 3rd party "dealer upfitter" adding a bunch undesirable parts IMO. Not like Shelby is doing anything aside from putting their name on the parts.

OP
OP
Hilbilly Jack

Hilbilly Jack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This ^^^^

Just a 3rd party "dealer upfitter" adding a bunch undesirable parts IMO. Not like Shelby is doing anything aside from putting their name on the parts.
Definitely keeping the Gen 1. The dealer actually RAISED their advertised price from $79,900 to $84,900!! That's crazy money for a truck that the Shelby badge means nothing on KBB or Black book! My Gen 1 is a Roush Stage 2 supercharged with a JDM tune and some other goodies and I've spent the last year adding the goodies I wanted to make it just what I wanted. Yes, the adaptive cruise would be nice, the trailer back up feature is awesome but I sold my trailer so nix that too. I had all that on a Platinum but when I went backwards to the Gen 1 I really did not miss it enough to warrant spending that kind of money. I think they will have a rough time selling for that price as it will be difficult to finance without a big chunk down!!