Considering out of state '21 vs '22

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

Ando9000

Reaction score
I agree. I have heard of the 4-12 month chip hold disasters and I just want this process to end sooner if possible and not costing a ton. I am a little weary of buying unseen but I suppose nothing is perfect. I had the dealer do a FaceTime walk around. He is telling me the blue cruise I not included on the invoice. The 801a is costing $6,150 does this seem correct?
Thank you all.

So far I'm not really feeling good about the '21 dealer. They won't budge on the blue cruise. They are stating the vehicle doesn't have it and that the final sticker is correct which is the $6,150. Basically telling me I am incorrect even after sending the memo from Ford to them. They also are asking for my state taxes up front which I don't really understand why they would want to collect this? I was hoping to just pay these taxes back home once I had the truck. They won't budge on the ADM (I know, I know, its not a lot ) and it just isn't making me feel great. Waiting until Monday to decide officially. Chip hold hell may just be best.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you all.

So far I'm not really feeling good about the '21 dealer. They won't budge on the blue cruise. They are stating the vehicle doesn't have it and that the final sticker is correct which is the $6,150. Basically telling me I am incorrect even after sending the memo from Ford to them. They also are asking for my state taxes up front which I don't really understand why they would want to collect this? I was hoping to just pay these taxes back home once I had the truck. They won't budge on the ADM (I know, I know, its not a lot ) and it just isn't making me feel great. Waiting until Monday to decide officially. Chip hold hell may just be best.
I actually just called the ford motor customer hotline about the blue cruise. they have all my info and I should be getting a sign off letter so I can get my refund. according to her on day of purchase you now need to sign accepting that blue cruise isn't available and Ford sends the refund to you not the dealer. only on 22's you get the refund in the form of a reduced price for 801a shown on the new sticker. the dealer isn't wrong the sticker price with the 6150 is correct. on the 21. but as long as it has the 801a it was prepped, I am not sure if you need to worry about the refund. because once you sign that which has to be signed for them to give you the truck. its a release letter. they the dealer and or ford is responsible to get your refund to you. once that is signed they on the hook.

1652573185146.png

if youre not comfortable go with the 22. only you can figure it out

Last edited:

Rango

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you all.

Pretty standard to collect the taxes at the time of sale. THE TAX MAN is going to get paid first! Many of the out of state dealers I talked to said they'd register the truck in Texas for me. I'm sure they'd do Washington State too. What I learned is they use a 3rd party service that can register the vehicle in any state for them. Really that's what you want anyway... I did it on my own when I bought my Gen 2 out of state back in '17 and it was a PITA.

Mars911red

Reaction score
I bought a 21 instead of waiting on my 22 to be built. The options deleted on the 22’s are some of the neat features I like but I paid $3k over list so I did t have to keep looking. I am Impatient Man when I want something, I would go for the bird in the hand and my dealer in another state also collected taxes and fedex’d the paperwork to the tag office. It went smoothly. If they miscalculate you might have to pay the difference. In my case just $35 since the dealer missed a misc state charge. Good luck, but get what you want and if the moonroof is a must have them keep looking. The extra power pro is just a bonus.