Considering buying a Gen 1 with a Whipple.... Red flag?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fffrank

Reaction score
Found a nice looking gen 1 at a good price. No rust, seems well maintained but..... Is listed for less with a Whipple than non-sc trucks are selling for. Is this a weak spot or huge red flag?

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
5.4 or 6.2? It really comes down to what you plan on doing with the truck. If you plan on driving it hard with a lot of off roading you might want to look for something newer. If it will be a pavement daily driver and the price is right for you I say go for it.

OP
OP
F

Fffrank

Reaction score
5.4 or 6.2? It really comes down to what you plan on doing with the truck. If you plan on driving it hard with a lot of off roading you might want to look for something newer. If it will be a pavement daily driver and the price is right for you I say go for it.

Not a daily driver and won't be off-roaded at all. Just something to haul mountain bikes around and occasionally tow the boat a few miles to the launch.

I'd prefer one without the Whipple but this is $2k less than what others are being listed for stock for some reason.