Considering a BedRug over spray in liner

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Exterior Forum [GEN 2]' started by Sasha4, Apr 5, 2018.

1. chujk1985

chujk1985 Full Access Member

What mounting system is that? (for your shovel, ax, etc.) Love it!

2. nikhsub1

nikhsub1 Full Access Member

3. heffneil

heffneil Full Access Member

I linexed and the bought the bed rug for the bottom only. So far I like it. I haven't velcroed it down but I have a bed cover and if its open it means something is on it!

4. TXRaptor

TXRaptor Full Access Member

I have used full bed rugs and bak flips in my trucks for more than a decade. The one I have in my Gen 1 today was transferred from my two previous trucks when I sold them. It is going strong on 8 years of perfect service in the Raptor, plus 4 years in other trucks! Like others have said, my top is always closed unless I am carrying something too tall to fit under it.

It is quite easy to clean with a large garage-floor broom after carrying items in the back. Mine has gotten wet many times and I have had zero issues with the bottom of trucks getting rust due it being wet. It is the made from a marine grade carpet, so water is not a problem. I normally just air it out by leaving the top open when wet. It had a bad smell one time because a bag of garbage spilled on a long trip home, but the odor went away after a good washing and air drying.

My Gen 2 came with the Ford spray-in bed liner from the dealer, so I will try the bed rug mat for the first time. It is worth it to save your knees while crawling around in the back. If my Gen 2 did not have the spray-in, I would definitely be transferring it again!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  5. Sasha4

Sasha4 FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

I just crawled around my truck bed yesterday for the first time, drying it off after it’s first wash. My knees hate me already.

6. CSJr

CSJr Full Access Member

My vote is for a bed rug. It provides just as much protection as spray in and yet is more delicate on equipment.

Plus there is a bucket list item that is much easier to accomplish in the "bed"of the truck if you have a bed rug:mexsmoke:
    20180425_193956.jpg

Sasha4, 2F150 and hammer73 like this.
  7. NASSTY

NASSTY Full Access Member

Bed Rugs are good if you have a topper or a tonneau cover. I prefer an open bed so I run Line-X and a rubber bed mat.

8. hammer73

hammer73 Full Access Member

Pictures or it didn’t happen.... ;-)

More seriously... what’s the brand bed liner you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. NeverEnoughHP

NeverEnoughHP Member

Bed rugs do make said bucket list item much better. Just like being on the bedroom floor. And before anybody says "pics, or it didn't happen", I don't have any.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

10. wreedsvt

wreedsvt Full Access Member

I just put one in and cant get a bubble in the middle of it out, when I flatten it or run water on it, it says flat for a while, but as soon as the Texas sun hits it, it bubbles again.

Any ideas how to keep it flat?