CONNECTOR PORT ABOVE OBC PORT under GEN 2 STERING WHEEL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blademan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello i was opening up the plastic area under my stiring wheel above the OBC port and found this RJ11 type connector.. ANyone know what is this for??

THanks

Attachments

• Resized_20210824_131849.jpeg
    Resized_20210824_131849.jpeg
    625 KB · Views: 108
  • Resized_20210824_131838.jpeg
    Resized_20210824_131838.jpeg
    312.1 KB · Views: 106

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My guess would be it went to that big a$$ hole in your dash. Where does the other end go? My valentine 1 gen1 radar detector had a concealed face that used the same connector. My guess would be it used to go to a radar detector with a remote/concealed face That someone decided to mount in that hole.

Last edited:
OP
OP
blademan

blademan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guess would be it went to that big a$$ hole in your dash. Where does the other end go? My valentine 1 gen1 radar detector had a concealed face that used the same connector. My guess would be it used to go to a radar detector with a remote/concealed face That someone decided to mount in that hole.
haha! Damit man.. I will have to trace it back.. did not even think about that...lol.. maybe we are on to something. i will report back

OP
OP
blademan

blademan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OKAY-- Thanks for you push to get me to investigate. I was surprised everything JUST POPS OFF like a cheap ole truck.. MY USE 65k truck make me realize FORD probably has a 300% profit margin.. LOL.. I was surpised everything it just plastic and pops off, then punch it back in place..lol. anyhow.. I traced the cable along with a BLACK AND RED cable.. all 3 ran together in a zip tie under the DRIVER SIDE FORD PERFORMANCE STEP area, then i followed it to the DRIVERS SIDE PASSANGER seat area where it came out the the RIBBON CABLE went to a MONO SUB WOOFER AMP model 1000.1 KICKER AMP-- it was plug into a port called " REMOTE BASS" whatever the hell that is.. maybe a BASS KNOB? LOL.. Maybe he has some audio controls in that area -- but that dont make sense- Why would he REMOVE whatever was in that HOLE!! and left the big nasty hole in this 100k custom truck.. I doubt he was pinching pennys- i mean he traded it in for a 147k BMW SUV from what i was told at the BMW dealership i bought the truck from.. NOW A RADAR detector would MAKE SENSE!! HE LEFT THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WITH THE TRUCK when he trade it in..
1. COBB CONTROLER
2. COBB RADIATOR- of course this is a fixed gear, but some guys take em out before trading)
3. A FULL SIZE FUEL RIM and 37" tire with A FULL SIZE BRANDNEW JACK(yes spare was stil under truck
4. ALL TYPES OF SECUREMENT GEAR inthe truck bed from BUILT RIGHT INDUSTRIES- atleast 500$ work of those gadgets...
5. ALL WEATHERTECH MATS like new..
6.ZION WINCH AND REMOTE CONTROLLER.... -- priced with bracket at 3k plus...
7. MINT ROLLING TOPPER brand cannot rememmber but google it at 1600

So i believe it had to be a RADAR detector of some sort and that RJ11 cable was clearly connected to the AMP so .. oh well i got a BIG OLE hole that i am about to INSTALL SOME DUMMY SWITCHES that look cool.. i hope i dont f#ck the cutting up.. i gotta trim some of that plastic

EastEndAngler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@blademan - that actually looks like an RJ45 (think ethernet /CAT6) and it looks like its running all 4 pairs (8 wires total). The V1's i'm pretty sure run off an RJ11 , so you could rule out that.

Faster48

Reaction score
That is an rj45 not rj11 but would most likely have been for a remote sub adjustment knob mounted in that hole

OP
OP
blademan

blademan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1000 watt mono amp, bonus? or not?????
Yes- it came with a FUL customer system ,, 2 KICKER SUBS in a metal FORD box under seat , then 2 amps one is a 1000.1 KICKER , anothe is KICKER 500.4, some little crossovers , a TV something box so it can speak to headunit.. sounds really good.. Came in the truck

Attachments

• Resized_20210613_181002(3).jpeg
    Resized_20210613_181002(3).jpeg
    518.7 KB · Views: 32
OP
OP
blademan

blademan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is an rj45 not rj11 but would most likely have been for a remote sub adjustment knob mounted in that hole
THanks brother!! I been looking into these switches by KICKER and does not look like it would work with this hole, but maybe?? customer switch?? Weird to cut a hole just to put this BARREL REMOTE SUB switch in.. i guess all it does is created LOUDER BASS sound?? never used one. but AGAIN THIS CABLE was laying right below the hole makes sense if it was