Connecting Rough Country Fog Light Amber Backlight to the Parking/Marker Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Spyderpb3

Spyderpb3

Reaction score
The back lighting draws way less than the 18 watts of the actual light. I tapped off of the parking light that goes in to the headlights. No issues...ever
But this was before pre made harnesses were around.
I was considering doing this as well.
Would you happen to have a picture of how you did that?
I’m not sure I know how to find which wire going into the headlight is the parking light.
And did you tap all 6 wires of the fog light backlight into that parking wire?

Tibi Steri

Reaction score
I was considering doing this as well.
Would you happen to have a picture of how you did that?
I’m not sure I know how to find which wire going into the headlight is the parking light.
And did you tap all 6 wires of the fog light backlight into that parking wire?
Just my 2 cents… I installed a bunch of BD lights on my truck and, at some point, I was tempted to hook into the truck’s original harness but, for my peace of mind, I chose not to and used the upfitter switches only. My 30” light bar has amber light backlights so I assigned 2 switches for it, one for the amber lights and one for the main light. At the time I was also dealing with some crazy electrical issues caused by a defective battery so my decision wasn’t that hard to make. Also, is not the power drawing that concerned me (as is most likely minimal for amber backlighting), is what the lights can cause if they go bad for some reason.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score

usnmustanger

Reaction score