Connecting Rough Country Fog Light Amber Backlight to the Parking/Marker Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Not sure. He might be able to make a custom one or at least get you pointed in the right direction.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a Rigid kit from John last year on my Gen 2. All 6 pods are back-lit with his custom harness.
im pretty sure the backlight draws next to nothing, but without knowing for sure, im not going to say to just tap into the parking lights. last thing want to do is give bad advice. need to know all the facts first

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
well you only want the back lighting right? thats the specs for the actual light, which will be substantially more than just the backlighting. however 6 of them might be a bit much for the circuit. the gen 2 trucks are a lot more sensitive electronically than the gen 1s
As CSC stated "The gen 2 trucks are a lot more sensitive electronically than the gen 1s", that's true of the owners too! :rotflmao:

mashtastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The back lighting draws way less than the 18 watts of the actual light. I tapped off of the parking light that goes in to the headlights. No issues...ever
But this was before pre made harnesses were around.

marc e

Reaction score
I put the same RC light kit w/DRL on my 2018 Gen 2.

When installing, I contacted RC about wiring for my configuration. RC told me their fog light DRLs are <2 amp per set of 3 light, but they recommended not running the RC DRLs while fog lights are on because of overheating concerns.

So, I ended up using Upfitter Aux 1 for the fog lights, wiring RC DRLs to fuse 36 with a fuse tap (5a fuse for the DRLs), and wired in a SPDT relay ($7 on amazon) to turn off the fog light DRLs when the fog lights turned on.

Be advised my RC DRLs do not turn of exactly when my headlight DRLs turn off, but do turn off about 1 minute after ignition power is turned off.

OP
OP
Spyderpb3

Spyderpb3

Reaction score
...outcome? ...A dude is taking a dump in front of a Gen 3 with amber lights on?
Not sure how you aren’t understanding what I mean by desired outcome.
And I’m almost certain that man isn’t ******** in front of the truck….but hey, I’ve been wrong before. Thanks for your input