Connecting Rough Country Fog Light Amber Backlight to the Parking/Marker Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spyderpb3

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

As the title suggests, struggling to understand how to wire the Amber Backlight of the Rough Country Fog Light kit so that they are on when the Raptor Grill Lights/Fender Flare lights are on.

I have the actual white LED Fog Light successfully wired to my Upfitter Switches. But for the amber backlight part, I don't where to wire that so It's on at the same time of the Grill Lights.

This is the kit I'm referring to: https://www.roughcountry.com/ford-raptor-led-fog-light-kit-70700c.html

This is the desired outcome:
1653532049163.png

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dot know much about the kit, but in the passenger kick panel in a black 36 pin plug, pin 22 you will find the parking light wire, its a blue/grey. how you connect is up to you. but depending on how much current draw there is, i usually use an lvt to trigger anything more than 500ma.

OP
OP
Spyderpb3

Spyderpb3

Reaction score
i dot know much about the kit, but in the passenger kick panel in a black 36 pin plug, pin 22 you will find the parking light wire, its a blue/grey. how you connect is up to you. but depending on how much current draw there is, i usually use an lvt to trigger anything more than 500ma.
Interesting, I will have to look for that one. Would it be safe to simply splice the wire for the Fog Light's backlight directly into that blue/grey wire you're mentioning?

I don't know what an LVT trigger is.

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
lvt. low voltage trigger. i dont know the current draw of the lights you are trying to connect, so i cant tell you if you should use one or not.

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 356237

So that would mean each light pod is a 1.5 amp draw, correct? Because each light pod is 18 watts.
well you only want the back lighting right? thats the specs for the actual light, which will be substantially more than just the backlighting. however 6 of them might be a bit much for the circuit. the gen 2 trucks are a lot more sensitive electronically than the gen 1s

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
well you only want the back lighting right? thats the specs for the actual light, which will be substantially more than just the backlighting. however 6 of them might be a bit much for the circuit. the gen 2 trucks are a lot more sensitive electronically than the gen 1s

I got a Rigid kit from John last year on my Gen 2. All 6 pods are back-lit with his custom harness.