Connecting Rigid to DT Conmectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is everyone making this connection? I have the kit from OffRoadAlliance.com (great service so far, will write a review after install).

I’m thinking about soldering them together and then heat shrinking.
A7641E79-D7BF-47A6-BFC5-A059110867CF.jpeg

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i would buy new connectors and pins and crimp them on myself. they cost maybe a dollar each on amazon.. thats the proper way to do it.

OP
OP
Woolaroc

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Find it weird they didn't since the Rigid Scene lights come with the connectors. These are more expensive than those, so I assumed they would.

snt505

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m disappointed that Rigid cheaped out like this.

It is weird. I'm not sure how Rigid chooses where and when to terminate. I had the Radiance pods and Radiance bar both with exposed wiring, but the SAE pods I replaced the pods with had a very nice DT connector with strain relief. Seems like these 360s would be terminated as well. I know some people have their connector preference so maybe left out to let the user choose but still weird that its not consistent.

But to answer OP, I agree, I would just move the connector with new contacts or buy a new set. They sell Chinese DT connector replica kits on Amazon that work but definitely not as good as the originals. I have used both.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is weird. I'm not sure how Rigid chooses where and when to terminate. I had the Radiance pods and Radiance bar both with exposed wiring, but the SAE pods I replaced the pods with had a very nice DT connector with strain relief. Seems like these 360s would be terminated as well. I know some people have their connector preference so maybe left out to let the user choose but still weird that its not consistent.

But to answer OP, I agree, I would just move the connector with new contacts or buy a new set. They sell Chinese DT connector replica kits on Amazon that work but definitely not as good as the originals. I have used both.

Everything from Rigid I've used is the older Made in USA production, none of the new Hencho en Mexico products they are shipping for the past couple years. The newer Radiance products seem to be designed to a budget compared to their legacy line of products, hence the cheaper construction.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You could always buy our harness which includes weatherproof/heat shrinkable wire connectors on the end. Our harness is included with our 360-series kit but since you have a kit already you could just upgrade to our harness here: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/crystal...rness-w-connectors-rigid-industries-radiance/

The harness lets you connect 3 pairs of Rigid Radiance or 360-Series lights to your upfitters. It also has a control wire for the back-lighting.