Confused & Bewildered Over Suspension Upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am assuming a 4 week alignment is needed at the time of the spring replacement.

What do you need to look at when it comes to alignments on the Raptor & do you need to upgrade anything when getting the alignment??

You can only align the front. If you change the ride height of the front, then yes you will need an alignment.

My thoughts on this, spend once/cry once. Deavers +3HD or +4HD. Geisers or eibachs in the front. Drop shackles if you don't like the ride height after.

Typically when going to aftermarket leaf packs, you want to put bumpstops in because your factory bumpstops are useless at this point. Although there are some out there that make kits that you can utilize your factory bumpstops after upgrading the leaf pack. I did that initially, then realized I should have gone to bumpstops in the first place.

OP
OP
J

Joey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can only align the front. If you change the ride height of the front, then yes you will need an alignment.

My thoughts on this, spend once/cry once. Deavers +3HD or +4HD. Geisers or eibachs in the front. Drop shackles if you don't like the ride height after.

Typically when going to aftermarket leaf packs, you want to put bumpstops in because your factory bumpstops are useless at this point. Although there are some out there that make kits that you can utilize your factory bumpstops after upgrading the leaf pack. I did that initially, then realized I should have gone to bumpstops in the first place.

Am getting aftermarket plates that allow use of factory bump stops, looked at the other aftermarket bumpstop kits & videos from Keep it dirty off-road & just can not fit those into the budget for the next year or so & have never jumped the Raptor at all, it’s a major issue trying to justify the expense

Do not do any high speed desert running, some gravel roads at normal moderate speeds & trails and mostly camping, Moab, Rimrocker, Alpine Loop mountain trails and beaches, going to OBX end of next month and will do lots of beach driving, but all slow speeds on approved “roads” on the beaches

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Am getting aftermarket plates that allow use of factory bump stops, looked at the other aftermarket bumpstop kits & videos from Keep it dirty off-road & just can not fit those into the budget for the next year or so & have never jumped the Raptor at all, it’s a major issue trying to justify the expense

Do not do any high speed desert running, some gravel roads at normal moderate speeds & trails and mostly camping, Moab, Rimrocker, Alpine Loop mountain trails and beaches, going to OBX end of next month and will do lots of beach driving, but all slow speeds on approved “roads” on the beaches

Yup, just a heads up. You don't have to jump it to hit aftermarket bump stops or be high speed desert running. I hit them in Wisconsin and have done neither of those activities here.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+4HD unless you like squat. I'd do +4HD and Eibachs, not Geisers, because they lift the front only 1.7" instead of 2.5". +4HD should be about +2" with your base load, so you should maintain close to factory rake and have more additional capacity before your truck looks like a toad ... do some searching around the forum, folks have done all of the various mods and have reported their measurements.
All posts I have read indicate the opposite of what you said about Geiser and Eibachs. The Geiser springs, which I have, definitely lift the truck more than 1.7". The Eibachs according to other posts have less lift.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All posts I have read indicate the opposite of what you said about Geiser and Eibachs. The Geiser springs, which I have, definitely lift the truck more than 1.7". The Eibachs according to other posts have less lift.
I said that Eibachs raise the front less than Geisers. 1.7" vs 2.5". I reread what I wrote and that's still what I see. Was my wording poor?

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I said that Eibachs raise the front less than Geisers. 1.7" vs 2.5". I reread what I wrote and that's still what I see. Was my wording poor?
I reread your post and your wording is much better than my reading comprehension. You got it right!!!! My apologies!!!!! I personally like the additional lift of the Geiser springs and wish I could sit even higher, but you got it right. :)

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am curious as to why you want to upgrade your front springs when the issue you are trying to fix is soft springs in the rear.