Confused & Bewildered Over Suspension Upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bracamonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been doing lots of reading here

From what I've been seeing, it seems the Eibachs tend to have more "sag" and compress more then the Geisers over time, at least that's what has been reported by end users of them.

Anyway you slice it, it's getting more and more expensive to actually do a spring upgrade & not a "simple" operation

I'm in the same boat as you. Just need to do the least amount to hold more weight and keep it competent for most general four-wheeling backcountry without changing too much of the appearance.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you. Just need to do the least amount to hold more weight and keep it competent for most general four-wheeling backcountry without changing too much of the appearance.

Upgrading the rear springs is by and far the best performance mod I have done to the truck. I would cut corners on something else before I would on springs. If you are carrying any amount of weight get the HD.

mradams

Reaction score
I was in the same boat. CargoGlide in the bed and ARE top. I run Icon Multi Rate leaf Kit in the rear and iCon front leveling kit in front. Added AirRide Load Lifter Pro Bags to assist with towing.

Raptor.png

OP
OP
J

Joey

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Things keep circling back to bump stops, no such thing as a economical bump stop kit, everything is designed for desert high speed racing…….

Dustan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would do +4 HD‘s and if it’s to high in the back just get a drop shackle. They make inexpensive bump stop kits that I’m sure deaver could tell you about. just do the SVC cass system up front and then you can have options up front to get your truck level.

Simplejack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
U can just buy the spacers and use factory bumps which (see pic of mine) is better than nothing. Depends on how hard u off road if u need full bump stop kit.

Attachments

• 20210430_223313.jpg
    20210430_223313.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 18
OP
OP
J

Joey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wife thinks we should sell the Raptor and buy a Tremor.

She is saying that’s financially the best way to proceed, not sure I agree with her, but I also do not want to sell the Raptor

Dustan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here are the ones I was thinking of

OP
OP
J

Joey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am assuming a 4 week alignment is needed at the time of the spring replacement.

What do you need to look at when it comes to alignments on the Raptor & do you need to upgrade anything when getting the alignment??