Confused & Bewildered Over Suspension Upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
please bear with me, have zero mechanical skills & trying to work this out as I learn

Have a 19 Raptor with a BedSlide installed as well as a Diamondback bed cover & have somewhere around 300-350lbs of total weight in the bed & it’s starting to squat in the rear, so it’s time for a suspension upgrade.

Do not want to cheap out, but doing it on a tight budget & trying to get the best bang for the buck & not go over $2,500 give or take including installation

When on camping/wheeling trips we can put another 400-500 pounds of gear in the bed, then unload the majority & go wheeling, from Moab to the San Juan’s & narrow mountain shelf trails to sandy beaches & lots of highway in between

Am looking at Geiser springs up front & Deaver in the rear.

From what I understand, the Geiser springs will raise the front end 2 to 2.5 inches after it settles.....

Am debating between the Deaver HD+2 & HD+3, do not want to end up squatting/nose up when fully loaded, but do not want a funky nose down appearance when unloaded & more of a level stance

What does the hive mind think as far as Deaver spring rate, the HD +2 or the +3??

Also from what I understand, the stock bump stops are removed & not replaced when adding Deaver springs.

What is the general thoughts on bump stops, from what I have seen, the aftermarket kits are expensive & not really needed unless you push the Raptor hard & jump it lots, is this true??

I’ve also read here that once you lift the front end & change the hight of the truck, you need to have a dealer recalibrate the live valve shocks as well as the adaptive cruse control, do you also need to have the headlights re aimed?

Sorry for the long winded post, trying to work things out so I know what I’m talking about when trying to find a shop to do the install & not look like a total idiot & ordering the right pieces parts the first time

Last edited:

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You need the +3 HD if you are carrying weight all the time and if you have geisers up front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
J

Joey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need the +3 HD if you are carrying weight all the time and if you have geisers up front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Brings up a interesting thought, what if I leave the front stock, can you just upgrade the rear suspension??

Joshua Krueger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to add more to your confusion but Icon makes a leaf kit that you can add more to or take away from for your needs. That way you dont have to buy deavers and hope. But I would just call deaver and they will tell you what to get

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
+4HD unless you like squat. I'd do +4HD and Eibachs, not Geisers, because they lift the front only 1.7" instead of 2.5". +4HD should be about +2" with your base load, so you should maintain close to factory rake and have more additional capacity before your truck looks like a toad ... do some searching around the forum, folks have done all of the various mods and have reported their measurements.

Codyw

Reaction score
Also from what I understand, the stock bump stops are removed & not replaced when adding Deaver springs.

What is the general thoughts on bump stops, from what I have seen, the aftermarket kits are expensive & not really needed unless you push the Raptor hard & jump it lots, is this true??

@Joey if you want a deal on a "expensive" bump stop kit, just check out my listing. https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/rpg-stage-2-bump-stop-kit-fox-2-5-bumps.83486/

Will ship them to you for $1200, wont find a better deal for that kit.

OP
OP
J

Joey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+4HD unless you like squat. I'd do +4HD and Eibachs, not Geisers, because they lift the front only 1.7" instead of 2.5". +4HD should be about +2" with your base load, so you should maintain close to factory rake and have more additional capacity before your truck looks like a toad ... do some searching around the forum, folks have done all of the various mods and have reported their measurements.

Been doing lots of reading here

From what I've been seeing, it seems the Eibachs tend to have more "sag" and compress more then the Geisers over time, at least that's what has been reported by end users of them.

Anyway you slice it, it's getting more and more expensive to actually do a spring upgrade & not a "simple" operation