Confirm order with Ford Performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Considering a lot of us were about 2 weeks away from our build week to only get pushed an extra 7 weeks with no explanation, rhythm or rhyme. Why would they even bother scheduling any of us next month if they knew ahead of time certain factors wouldn't be met with production (chips, bed liners, sensors etc.)
In my job if we run into a production issue and can't meet a scheduled delivery I know exactly what's the issue and how long we are pushing. I can usually back order material and still ship most of our product. I am sure it's different with trucks but I HAVE to believe they know how much material they are working with to complete an F150 and can plan ahead.. You can't tell me the "masters of production" are just willy nilly putting everything in a production schedule without some kind of foresight or plan.
now i was just thinks of the guys that were scheduled for 1st week in aug they got pushed to 9/20 or 9/27. those of us in for the week of aug 9 got pushed to 9/27. so they still kept us in some sort of order. i really dont think that the guys that are in for 3rd week in aug are going to stay there. i have a feeling that they still have all they need to beuild the raptor orders they have but that regular f150 production is having issues and might be slowing them down. also they are only running 2 shifts this month. they should be back to 3 shifts in aug. so i still think we have a chance to be rescheduled again back to aug . may not be our original build weeks or days. also remember that we got rescheduled this week on wed not on the usual thurs. so we might want to check with fp next week toward the middle of the week to see if it changes.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
I really hope Ford wakes up and pushes all of these '21 to '22 builds. Building a '21 model for 2-3 months is stupid at this point. Just start the '22 builds early and have a longer production run. Won't happen I know--but wish it would.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really hope Ford wakes up and pushes all of these '21 to '22 builds. Building a '21 model for 2-3 months is stupid at this point. Just start the '22 builds early and have a longer production run. Won't happen I know--but wish it would.
Let's say they listen to you, but now you get your truck in February? Would you rather have a 21 now, or a 22 over 6 months later?

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
Let's say they listen to you, but now you get your truck in February? Would you rather have a 21 now, or a 22 over 6 months later?
If they changed these orders to '22's and extended the build time (starting in Sept) Feb would be for NEW orders not existing. But yeah, I really don't care at this point. Hope that helps you.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they changed these orders to '22's and extended the build time (starting in Sept) Feb would be for NEW orders not existing. But yeah, I really don't care at this point. Hope that helps you.
In all honestly, what is the difference here? I don't see that there will be a difference in the value of 21s and 22s. From what we are hearing, there will not be changes for MY22. The market will understand that the MY21s were very late year 2021. Time may prove me wrong, but I bet that MY21 vs. MY22 with similar mileage will command a similar price on the used market.