Condensation inside 2020 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

16pawshouston

Reaction score
Hello. I have had condensation several times on the inside of my 2020 Raptor with 4800 miles. The first time I took to the dealer they found an obstructed A/C tube and it was draining inside the passenger footwell instead of outside the truck. They put a new elbow tube into the front passenger wheel well. Well, it is still happening and going back for a second time. It still smells musty in the truck. Has this happened to anyone else? Ideas?

Had a 2018 Raptor with 500 miles and the engine ate itself on the highway out of town. The dealer bought it back from me, because they said Ford will in no way stand behind its vehicles.

Thanks!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like they did the required fix on it the first time, as there has been a few owners that have had this happen. Maybe the fitting came loose, it's an easy fix, they should of done it right the first time. Is the carpet wet on the passenger side? Maybe leave your windows down a crack if it's safe to do that in your area until you can get back in the dealer.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If water from the A/C evaporator tube leaked inside, the carpet and/or floor mats may still be wet. Air the truck out and re-evaluate.

JAndreF321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck had a leak from a crack in the passenger cabin vent in the back of the cab. When it rained the front passenger footwell flooded and the windshield condensed. They had to pull the bed off to fix the leak and also did the AC hose TSB at the same time. I had to bring it back later because they broke the center console, didn’t reinstall the fender flare properly, and the carpet was still wet. Even after they dried out the carpet to the touch there was some remaining moisture…I had an ‘04 sport trak with rubber flooring not sure why that can’t happen on the raptors

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My truck smells like a wet dog after a hard rain but I can’t feel any wetness in the carpets. The rear doors (SCAB) do fill with water and drain when you open them. I park on an incline so I think the forward drain holes are a little clogged. Been meaning to poke them out and open them up a little bit. When you open the doors the water pours out the rear drain holes.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My truck smells like a wet dog after a hard rain but I can’t feel any wetness in the carpets. The rear doors (SCAB) do fill with water and drain when you open them. I park on an incline so I think the forward drain holes are a little clogged. Been meaning to poke them out and open them up a little bit. When you open the doors the water pours out the rear drain holes.
Couldn't you drill a couple holes to drain while parked.

Fireguy144

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have pics of the drain holes ?

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No but they’re just little rectangular cutouts along the seam on the inside of the door edge.