Concerns!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dan06

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't understand where the supercharger community as a whole bashing started :shrug: .

Yeah I freaked out a little, because I knew it was a Roush charger on Chris's truck and to see pictures of that beautiful piece of art in flames is downright disturbing. However, I tend to over evaluate EVERYTHING. It appears the main issue once again is Hennessy's shafty work. "If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck."

I'm still interested in discovering what EXACTLY is causing these Hennessy Raptor fires. Blaming the supercharger as a whole tells no one anything. The main reason I joined this site is to share and gain knowledge.

Blaming "ALL" of anything in a group is known as stereotyping, just saying...

... If only ROUSH had an opinion

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's just a few misinformed and uninformed that have something ridiculous to say. LOL
Forced Air Induction is the wave of the future and is still going through some growing pains,
but with the new technologies coming around it's going to happen, you can't deny it.

Roush, I would think really can not make a comment on the current situation.

And they only seen to come on here to sell something.

Last edited:

Stealthf1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually they come on here more than you think. If they're getting involved in a investigation into the LPR incident and would happen to find anything that involved our kits you would hear about it as soon as it was diagnosed. Until then I wouldn't expect them to comment esp with everyone involved in that build prob trying to figure out what happened.

Steele16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's just a few misinformed and uninformed that have something ridiculous to say. LOL
Forced Air Induction is the wave of the future and is still going through some growing pains,
but with the new technologies coming around it's going to happen, you can't deny it.

Roush, I would think really can not make a comment on the current situation.

And they only seen to come on here to sell something.

Forced induction is not new by any means. Maybe in passenger vehicles, but not commercial. Blowers and turbos have been used since the beginning of combustion engines.

Also, heat soak in our applications would be referring to all the components of the system being overheated due to constant use without sufficient cooling. Ever had a blower car on a dyno, made a number of pulls, then packed ice bags around the blower? Or been to the race track and done the same thing?

I would think someone dropping that much coin on a whipple for their truck would be experienced in those things.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, I should have explained myself better,
with the new age of computers and software being implemented in automobiles does enable the ability to control these
forced air induction applications to make them more reliable for general purposes.

I know the term heat soak is used in the racing community foran SC and I use the term too,
And it started I believe with the Turbo actually.
I was just nit piking and rattling a cage.
But it is technically wrong, when you refer to it when sucking in hot air over the intercooler, such as driving in the hot dessert.

Back in the late 80’s this would always come up at the staging area behind the grand stand while waiting on line.

And yes I’ve seen a few guys crack their blowers, intake manifolds, heads and headers doing the ice thing.

I just had one maybe two jugs of water that I would pour over the radiator. I only had NA beaters with junk yard parts.

I never had money, poor working slob back then. LOL

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

I would think someone dropping that much coin on a whipple for their truck would be experienced in those things.

The best things in life cost money. LOL

Sorry I just had too.

Last edited:

GoMuscles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forced induction is not new by any means. Maybe in passenger vehicles, but not commercial. Blowers and turbos have been used since the beginning of combustion engines.

Also, heat soak in our applications would be referring to all the components of the system being overheated due to constant use without sufficient cooling. Ever had a blower car on a dyno, made a number of pulls, then packed ice bags around the blower? Or been to the race track and done the same thing?

We have been packing ice on motors post runs for as long as I can remember regardless of FI or not so I'm not sure of your point. Thought you would have known this... :troll3:

Stealthf1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When the hell did this thread become some debate about heat soak. I think everyone here has a good understanding of it esp the guys running sc kits, hence all of us have the upgraded or largest intercooling setup for our trucks kits. It's def a issue and a performance hinder compared to a cool engine taking in cool iat, lol a good example is how most 'big name' companies pull dynos for products on their vehicles.

Anyways where's this thread ******* going? For all the guys who have negative views on sc setups..cool thanks for the concern but honestly you should prob post them up in once of those "Should I get a supercharger, or etc" threads that eay you can help someone out with your opinion on the topic. O and don't forget to make sure they know they'll need a fire retardent race suit. In all honesty just trying to keep this thing at w/e focal point Dan had esp since he didn't know this thing is centered around that ****** shop at the time. But lets take the pissing match or supercharger bashing somewhere else..hell lets make a new thread with a poll on how many Roush/Whipple/Procharger owners that have burst into flames or had any type of major issues. I'm leaning to a high percent of none with your usual hiccups here and there.