Concerns!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoMuscles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got 4k miles on my whipple in hot desert driving and no issues yet. Seems like A LOT of speculation. I'm sure it makes some feel good thinking that guys who spent money on their blower kit are idiots but that's JUST AN OPINION at this point with no factual backing YET.
If it makes you warm and fuzzy to point fingers then this is the thread for you but until we know more I'm not looking back nor tryn to make anyone else sound stupid.

There's my courtesy flush for those who like to talk shit about something they know nothing about.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I've got 4k miles on my whipple in hot desert driving and no issues yet. Seems like A LOT of speculation. I'm sure it makes some feel good thinking that guys who spent money on their blower kit are idiots but that's JUST AN OPINION at this point with no factual backing YET.
If it makes you warm and fuzzy to point fingers then this is the thread for you but until we know more I'm not looking back nor tryn to make anyone else sound stupid.

There's my courtesy flush for those who like to talk shit about something they know nothing about.

First of all, no one is calling you an idiot for putting a blower on. Second of all, this whole situation does not make me warm and fuzzy. I am honestly concerned that someone could get hurt or injured if this continues to be swept under the rug.

You are correct. All of this is speculation.

I was there when a truck with a certain SC kit burnt to the ground. I saw the fuel leaking from the top of the engine on fire. I smelt the odor of unburnt fuel.

I'm sorry if you feel I'm attacking you or your choice of mods. I just want to provide people with first hand info on what I saw. No more, no less. Do with it what you will. It's no skin off my back.

Until someone provides facts to prove otherwise I'm sticking with my speculation that the SC kit is to blame. It is the common denominator.

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
bstoner59, I going to edit that comment about beating on the truck.

I was just trying to tell the uniformed about SC and off-roading, I did not mean to imply that Chris was beating on his truck. I will change that.

I'm all for finding the solution to fix what has now become a huge concern with certain applications.

The common factor your talking about is only to one certain SHOP (We don't mention there Name) .

And it sounds like your blaming the whole industry.

Last edited:

Stealthf1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First of all, no one is calling you an idiot for putting a blower on. Second of all, this whole situation does not make me warm and fuzzy. I am honestly concerned that someone could get hurt or injured if this continues to be swept under the rug.

I was there when a truck with a Hennessy SC kit burnt to the ground. I saw the fuel leaking from the top of the engine on fire. I smelt the odor of unburnt fuel.

I'm sorry if you feel I'm attacking you or your choice of mods. I just want to provide people with first hand info on what I saw. No more, no less. Do with it what you will. It's no skin off my back.

Until someone provides facts to prove otherwise I'm sticking with my speculation that the SC kit is to blame. It is the common denominator.

I think the real common denominator for the incidents of Raptor catching fire isn't just they were supercharged. I haven't heard of any Roush guys or any Roush Raptors combusting nor anything from the Whipple team. I say if anything focus on the head of the snake here and until someone comes through with the cause and who's responsible. Let's just focus on keeping a eye on this "shops" response and future builds.

I'm going to try my best to make TRR and even then if my suspension builds done before that I'll give full permission to whoever wants to push my truck to its limits in the toughest terrain.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Again, I'm sorry Stealthf1

I changed my last post the imply the shop not the kit.

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

So since you where there bstoner59, and you say you saw the fuel all over the top of the engine. You're' thinking the fuel rail is the blame, yes?

Do you know or can you tell us if the shop that installed the SC changed or modified the fuel rail that comes with the kit?

Last edited:

GoMuscles

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I was there when a truck with a Hennessy SC kit burnt to the ground. I saw the fuel leaking from the top of the engine on fire. I smelt the odor of unburnt fuel.

I hear what your saying and I'm not debating the legitimacy for concern. It just comes across as being overly dramatic to blame a KIT when it sounds more like a fuel delivery issue. It wasn't your post I was addressing either but those that choose to belittle others with a hindsight perspective that isn't even validated at this point.

I read and enjoy your comments often as well as most everyone else's but condescension seems to be contagious. Just sayn the real issue hasn't been pin pointed so no reason for EVERYONE with a blower kit to chunk it if they do more than freeway driving.

:happy160:

Last edited:

SvtDon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Come on guys. Look at the big picture here. Truck has been taken apart and put back together a dozen times. It's not like it was freshly bought from a dealer and was taken to the dirt right away and caught on fire. Can't just blame it on a super charger. If so its gonna hurt vendors and whoever else with all these assumptions without knowing for sure what happened. All these assumptions are hurting the vendors or putting doubt's in peoples heads someway somehow with all the new guys coming around. Leave it at that and wait to see if anything is for sure solved. Obviously it has something to do with a fuel line of some sort but can't specifically blame a super charger on everything that has been done to the truck.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
Oh wait, better tell the BAJA 1000 to get rid of all those SC vehicles too.
How many class's allow SC vehicles in SCORE?
Then my next ? would be how many guys actually run one?
Come on guys. Look at the big picture here. Truck has been taken apart and put back together a dozen times. It's not like it was freshly bought from a dealer and was taken to the dirt right away and caught on fire.

This brings up a very good ?, how many miles were on the truck since the latest supercharger went on? I'm going to guess very very few.

Now I don't know the full details of the build but I can tell you all the trucks I've had with engine cage's there was no reason to take the engine apart. You build around what's there, not move major parts