Concerns!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
duh lol!!!!

No need to be a joker.

With the thousands of threads on the forums it's easy to miss a whole topic.
Never happen to you?

And I have No interest in H............., I can't even say the name.

I was just sticking up for Supercharging.

So, some of you think Supercharging in the extreme hot dessert throwing sand twenty feet behind them is the blame.

(I read up more on this, I have edited my comment, ) Done!!!

Well I say NO !!!! LOL

The whole nightmare with the VelociRaptor was and I guess still is H............. own doing.

Last edited:

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I still blame whatever fuel system Hennessey uses, all of their charging systems (both supercharged and turbocharged) are quality and proven in non-Hennessey builds, but the only trucks that go up are Hennessey builds, something is happening here and it points directly back at them

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe the Roush kit uses their own fuel rail system.

Maybe someone from Roush needs to show that shop how to properly install it.
If that's the problem.....

But first the Procharger and now the Eaton/Roush!
I hope they're not thinking of going to Whipple.

Last edited:

Stealthf1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let the humor help wash away the sadness bud. Plus some people think since we have sc setups we're rolling molotov cocktails if we do any offroading. lol Roman Candles, mobile barnfires. No disrespect to what's happend recently it was a pretty bad deal for anyone whose had a Raptor go up in flames in the past also. But until someone can find the responsible cause it's all speculations and variables. As for me...engine mods continue.

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

O and I still want to run against a Whipple setup. :p

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No need to be a joker.

With the thousands of threads on the forums it's easy to miss a whole topic.
Never happen to you?

And I have No interest in H............., I can't even say the name.

I was just sticking up for Supercharging.

So, everybody thinks because a few owners beat the shit (or not) out of their trucks in the extreme hot dessert,
throwing sand twenty feet behind them you want to blame it on Supercharging.
(all right I edit my comment, until I read up more on this)

Well I say NO !!!! LOL

You can do that without being Supercharged if you beat on it long enough. LOL

Just happens quicker with more power.

The whole nightmare with the VelociRaptor was and I guess still is
H............. own doing.

Well the things you speak of I have already done. The statement about the SC vs NA motor I am getting a good laugh out of. Need to know a little more of what you speak. Talk about HP and beating on things----I have had motorcycles that made more HP than any Raptor that I have seen SC or not. Not to say that they do not exist but until you have had your butt in the seat and had some experience with these vehicles you are suffering from diarrhea of the mouth:Plugged: so to speak.

No big deal just let it go.... Heat Soak-----look up the term and you will see why the SC is not a good solution for a off road machine....... Tough to get that issue solved in a ugly dirty environment especially. Probably don't see too much of that in NYC.. Just spent an hour cleaning the Jeep from a run to the ranch earlier this week----SC would die a cruel death out there.

Nothing wrong with having a street queen-----lot of people enjoy the Raptor and never get it off of the road.

Last edited:

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
For the record, LPR had not even started testing yet. There was no beating on the truck the day if the incident or the day that Ricky Johnson drove it, IMO. No one knows the cause but there is no denying the common denominator. Think of it what you will but don't dismiss it just because you have a supercharger and you don't want to believe. Honestly, if one or two things happened differently someone could have been seriously injured or killed. In a vehicle I carry friends and family in I would want to be 100% sure my truck won't go up in flames. Is this a "common" problem? I wouldn't say that. The probability of something like this happening is low but the risk is high.

All that being said, I have zero knowledge of supercharger kits. I do not know the differences between kit A, B or C. I know from stories on here what company seems to have problems. Again, no one knows the cause so we can't say for sure kit A is ok because it uses a different "_____" than kit B or C. I'm sure all the companies that manufacture these kits can shed a little light in the situation. If I has a SC on my truck I would just call and pick the brain of the company that designed the kit and confirm with them they are 100% sure it's good to go.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well the things you speak of I have already done. The statement about the SC vs NA motor I am getting a good laugh out of. Need to know a little more of what you speak. Talk about HP and beating on things----I have had motorcycles that made more HP than any Raptor that I have seen SC or not. Not to say that they do not exist but until you have had your butt in the seat and had some experience with these vehicles you are suffering from diarrhea of the mouth:Plugged: so to speak.

No big deal just let it go.... Heat Soak-----look up the term and you will see why the SC is not a good solution for a off road machine....... Tough to get that issue solved in a ugly dirty environment especially. Probably don't see too much of that in NYC.. Just spent an hour cleaning the Jeep from a run to the ranch earlier this week----SC would die a cruel death out there.

Nothing wrong with having a street queen-----lot of people enjoy the Raptor and never get it off of the road.

I think you need to look up the term Heat Soak !!!!

The actual terminology for Heat Soak is: what occurs when you shut the engine down.

And I guess you need to tell all those Supercharged Sand Rails not to race off road any more either. LMAO

Oh wait, better tell the BAJA 1000 to get rid of all those SC vehicles too.

Last edited: