Concerns!

Discussion in 'ROUSH Performance' started by Dan06, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Dan06

Dan06 FRF Addict

Please tell me this is uncommon! (At least with a dealer installed Roush supercharger)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love my Raptor and I love my Roush charger. I have had no complaints thus far (15,000 miles). However, I understand this is a common occurrence with Roush superchargers on Raptors who actually offroad. Please at least tell me such horrid events are covered under the 35,000 mile warrenty? Has anyone pin pointed what fails and causes such graphic aftermath? I do offroad regularly and I prefer not to be a charred marshmallow and / or my truck...

I tend to over react dealing with most things and it's possible this is another example. I would like a explanation though?

R.I.P. Chris Ross's Luxury Raptor... We have only met in pictures, but you will forever be in my heart... :bawl:

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  2. Cleave

Cleave FRF Addict

I haven't heard of roush supercharged trucks going up ever before, only Hennessey, roush trucks just have a stalling problem due to the difficulty of proper installation

3. Rookie

Rookie Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

While I'm also curious on what continues to cause FI raptors to catch fire, I wouldn't exactly say it's a common occurrence with Roush Supercharged Raptors. As far as LPR right now, no one has stated whether or not it was a Hennessey install. That will be a big deciding factor because if it was, that means hennessey is doing something wrong either with the install, tune, or something. I have not personally heard of anyone with a Roush kit installed by themselves or a certified installer having this issue.

4. Dan06

Dan06 FRF Addict

What is Hennessy doing different from a dealer install?

5. Cleave

Cleave FRF Addict

I believe Hennessey uses their own fuel system instead of roush's, it's the only thing that would explain fires with their trucks being so common in comparison to all the roush and whipple trucks that are out there not going up in flames

6. Dan06

Dan06 FRF Addict

I pray that's the case. Perhaps Roush will chime in eventually.

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

I haven't heard anything definitive that Hennessy installed Chris's though?

7. Stealthf1

Stealthf1 Full Access Member

Whoa....Dan.. this isn't a common occurance with Roush setups. Like the others have mentioned it's been freaking similar incident that's happend with Hennessey installs, even heard of issues with their centrifigul setups.

As for the Roush kit on the LPR. We have no clue yet who the installer was and afew other factors.

8. Cleave

Cleave FRF Addict

stoner just confirmed it was a Hennessey build

9. Dan06

Dan06 FRF Addict

Yeah just read that. The posts are happening so fast my head is spinning.

10. Stealthf1

Stealthf1 Full Access Member

There ya go Dan lol. I think we just linked a major common factor. Well the Hennessey bashing is well called for esp if they screwed the pooch again on the install/setup they're running. I like to see what unfolds..def see a blame game on their end though.