Comprehensive Ford Raptor Supercab Subwoofer/Amp installation Instructions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3 Sundown Audio 8" SA-8v.2s under the seat would be the best setup for the supercab & supercrew without having to raise the seats. My buddy dud 4 8s but had to raise the seats. Digitial Design makes a better 8, but for $400 each versus $185 each for SAs & the SPL is barely any different. 1 8" SA-8 can hit 150 DBs. SA-8s only require 0.6 cubic feet ported & only displace 0.1 cubic feet, so you only need 0.7 cubic feet total per sub for a ported application. A custom built box negating the bracket on the 60/40 seat setup would net you enough room for 3 8s forward firing. Power them with a good amp, at least putting 500w rms to them each & you'll have a system that slams. Upgrade your Battery to an XS Power D2700 battery at least (I'm doing D3100) & upgrade your Big 3 with 1/0 gauge wire & use 1/0 gauge wire for the amp install & you'll be set. This will set you back roughly $1600.

3 SA-8s: $555
Hifonics Brutus BRZ2100: $280
50 ft 1/0 gauge wire: $130
Box Materials: $100
XS D3100 w/side mount term: $400
Misc: $200

Also depending on if you have a stock radio or not. I'm getting mine with the stock navigation so I'll go with a digital sound processor, something like the JL Cleansweep, which helps tweak your sound perfectly. That'll run you an extra $2-300.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
3 Sundown Audio 8" SA-8v.2s under the seat would be the best setup for the supercab & supercrew without having to raise the seats. My buddy dud 4 8s but had to raise the seats. Digitial Design makes a better 8, but for $400 each versus $185 each for SAs & the SPL is barely any different. 1 8" SA-8 can hit 150 DBs. SA-8s only require 0.6 cubic feet ported & only displace 0.1 cubic feet, so you only need 0.7 cubic feet total per sub for a ported application. A custom built box negating the bracket on the 60/40 seat setup would net you enough room for 3 8s forward firing. Power them with a good amp, at least putting 500w rms to them each & you'll have a system that slams. Upgrade your Battery to an XS Power D2700 battery at least (I'm doing D3100) & upgrade your Big 3 with 1/0 gauge wire & use 1/0 gauge wire for the amp install & you'll be set. This will set you back roughly $1600.

3 SA-8s: $555
Hifonics Brutus BRZ2100: $280
50 ft 1/0 gauge wire: $130
Box Materials: $100
XS D3100 w/side mount term: $400
Misc: $200

Also depending on if you have a stock radio or not. I'm getting mine with the stock navigation so I'll go with a digital sound processor, something like the JL Cleansweep, which helps tweak your sound perfectly. That'll run you an extra $2-300.

500w RMS to an 8" sub? show me or I call BS :p

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Specs on the new V.2s coming out soon, but the v.1s were rated at 400 & most people were doing 600+w RMS to them without an issue. My buddy has 6 of them, running 800w rms to them without an issue.

SSA Store - Sundown Audio SA-8 Subwoofer

Some videos of the V.2 in action:
Gigantic "Little" Subwoofer - Sundown SA-8" v2 BEASTLY Prototype - YouTube
SA-8 v.2 20 Hz Demonstration - YouTube
SA-8 v.2 Thermal Testing - YouTube <<<Crazy thermal test

These things are bad ass lil subs. Youtube them, SA-8.

I'm going to be pushing roughly 700w rms to each.

dolfanatic1399

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Green/white was positive and purple/green was negative on my install. I doubt they changed the colors. The stock sub amp is attzhced to the actual sub box on the bottom...the silver box with heat sinks coming off it, that's the amp

Sent from my right thumb using Tapatalk.

After a little bit of research I found out that the amp for the SCrews with Sony nav is under the main console. Not sure why the SCabs are mounted on the sub itself. JL said that the 4 wires feeding my sub is for the dual voice coil sub.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
After a little bit of research I found out that the amp for the SCrews with Sony nav is under the main console. Not sure why the SCabs are mounted on the sub itself. JL said that the 4 wires feeding my sub is for the dual voice coil sub.

the amp for the speakers is under the console, but at least with my truck the sony sub amp was mounted directly to the sub. so either way, if all 4 of those wires are speaker leads you just need 1 set of them to splice off.

dolfanatic1399

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the amp for the speakers is under the console, but at least with my truck the sony sub amp was mounted directly to the sub. so either way, if all 4 of those wires are speaker leads you just need 1 set of them to splice off.

OK, thanks for the advice. Is it alright to feed my new amp with the speaker wires being fed from the stock amp? Do I need to bypass the stock amp? Forgive my ignorance, this audio stuff is pretty greek to me.

RaptorRexCullen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great write up birdman!
Im gonna copy this set up for sure but I missed one crucial part...

Where did your RCA cables for ur amp come from? I see you soldered them but from where?

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
OK, thanks for the advice. Is it alright to feed my new amp with the speaker wires being fed from the stock amp? Do I need to bypass the stock amp? Forgive my ignorance, this audio stuff is pretty greek to me.

if the lines are "pre amp" then you can tap right off them to RCA adapters. if they are in fact coming from the amp then you will need an amp with "speaker level inputs" or high-level inputs. If the amp doesn't have speaker level inputs you will need a LOC (line out converter) to convert the high voltage speaker level inputs to a low voltage input. Call Crutchfield, they will get you what you need.

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

Great write up birdman!
Im gonna copy this set up for sure but I missed one crucial part...

Where did your RCA cables for ur amp come from? I see you soldered them but from where?

i spliced them in to the speaker lines that were running to the factory sub(it is pretty well covered in my write up).

this was acceptable for me because the speaker lines running to the factory sub are "low voltage" pre-amp lines. the amp on my 2010 SCAB Sony sub was built in to the sub its self and so the lines running to it were pre-amp.

as we're discovering now the SCREWs might have a different configuration with the amp being under the console and sending amped signals back to the factory sub. if this is the case then the installation would be slightly different.