Comprehensive Ford Raptor Supercab Subwoofer/Amp installation Instructions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the extensive explaination. I would consider changing my door speakers if it was going to give me a Bette quality and crisper sounding system. Do you recommend any particular door speakers for the truck?

Back to adding two subss instead of one. I don't want to rattle the teeth out of my head so do you think adding 2x. 10" subs would over do it? I'm not a 16 year old kid hooking up a sound system in my shitbox irock anymore lol!

i can't really recommend any speakers because i haven't done mine. as i always say...can't go wrong with JL or Alpine.

2 10"s won't be brain rattling but it will be loud. loud enough that if turned up to 1/2 volume you will be able to hear the thumping from well outside the vehicle. inside the truck your hair will move a bit and the change in your center console will rattle.

but like i said, you can't fit monstrous 10"s (or 12"s) that will be too loud like you're thinking. go with 2 10"s... in the 600W RMS(total) range. if it's too loud just turn the amp down, that's all! that way you can leave it civilized or if you want to turn it up you will have the power there if you need it.

if you find that you're happy with it turned down from its max then you'll probably be fine with the stock speakers. if you want more bass, turn it up then decide at that point if you want/need new door speakers. that's what i would do.

johnlocal3

Reaction score
i can't really recommend any speakers because i haven't done mine. as i always say...can't go wrong with JL or Alpine.

2 10"s won't be brain rattling but it will be loud. loud enough that if turned up to 1/2 volume you will be able to hear the thumping from well outside the vehicle. inside the truck your hair will move a bit and the change in your center console will rattle.

but like i said, you can't fit monstrous 10"s (or 12"s) that will be too loud like you're thinking. go with 2 10"s... in the 600W RMS(total) range. if it's too loud just turn the amp down, that's all! that way you can leave it civilized or if you want to turn it up you will have the power there if you need it.

if you find that you're happy with it turned down from its max then you'll probably be fine with the stock speakers. if you want more bass, turn it up then decide at that point if you want/need new door speakers. that's what i would do.

Good idea, I'll just add that to the list of stuff I need to do to the raptor lol... Every good upgrade is like 1000$ lol..

dolfanatic1399

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I went to order my amp today and found out that they are not available online. Called JL and they said that their dealers are currently out of stock on the discontinued models. My question is, can I use a 2 channel amp instead and still get the same results? I have also seen the 500 amp mono version available on eBay for a pretty good price as well. Will it hurt to use a 500 rms amp with a 300 rms subwoofer? I was also looking at my plug that goes in to my sub. It looks nothing like the one that Bird pictured. It looks like there is 4 speaker wires, and that's it. Is there no amp hooked up to this sub? Can someone tell me what these four wires actually do?
a6b503b0-eb13-8613.jpg

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
is there a green and a purple? those were my +/- speaker leads.

it won't hurt using a 500w RMS mono amp with a 300w RMS(max) sub as long as you keep it turned down to under 300w output.

dolfanatic1399

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is there a green and a purple? those were my +/- speaker leads.

it won't hurt using a 500w RMS mono amp with a 300w RMS(max) sub as long as you keep it turned down to under 300w output.

Thanks Bird, here's what I got.
Purple with green stripe
Green with white stripe
Grey
Green with purple stripe

And where the heck is the factory amp located?

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks like a nice install! My box looks similar to yours but is a little wider I believe. Went with the T1000 Rockford that powers the sub only. Looking at the space requirements went with the 13TW5. We took the stock box and modified it so a 8W1V2 would fit which is powerd by a bridged XD200.

Installed the "bass knob" to control gain to the 13TW5 and have the power turned down quite a bit to the 8W to keep it from tearing itself apart.

In the front went with the Focal 165 KRX2's powered by a Alpine PDX4.100 with 2 channels bridged running 200 to each side. Left the factory amp running the center channel and to make sure the other features of the nav and phone would still work. Had to use some interfaces to get it all working right but it sounds brutal.

The system is one that will make your ears bleed BUT it is still SQL not just SDL....

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks like a nice install! My box looks similar to yours but is a little wider I believe. Went with the T1000 Rockford that powers the sub only. Looking at the space requirements went with the 13TW5. We took the stock box and modified it so a 8W1V2 would fit which is powerd by a bridged XD200.

Installed the "bass knob" to control gain to the 13TW5 and have the power turned down quite a bit to the 8W to keep it from tearing itself apart.

In the front went with the Focal 165 KRX2's powered by a Alpine PDX4.100 with 2 channels bridged running 200 to each side. Left the factory amp running the center channel and to make sure the other features of the nav and phone would still work. Had to use some interfaces to get it all working right but it sounds brutal.

The system is one that will make your ears bleed BUT it is still SQL not just SDL....

Do you have a Scab or Screw?

Nacho_Raptor

Reaction score
JL 13.5 Slim

Had a Stealthbox for my F-250 Screw with a 13.5" JL Slim speaker and a jl audio HD900/5. now i want to put this into my Screw raptor...Will this box fit anybody know??

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Thanks Bird, here's what I got.
Purple with green stripe
Green with white stripe
Grey
Green with purple stripe

And where the heck is the factory amp located?

Green/white was positive and purple/green was negative on my install. I doubt they changed the colors. The stock sub amp is attzhced to the actual sub box on the bottom...the silver box with heat sinks coming off it, that's the amp

Sent from my right thumb using Tapatalk.