Completed Kevlar Spray 2021 Ford Raptor 37 Package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I'm being honest, I've referred to this as a "Kevlar Spray", but after a bit more research and comparison I think it's a Linex spray. I wasn't all that sure, or concered as a I had seen their finished products. I called it that, the guys at LRM called it that, maybe just to speak the same language, and we went from there. My truck bed came with a Linex spray in when I bought it and it seems to be identical.
All good. It got me off (on) my *** to look it up. There are a few grades and weights, and it looks like Linex Ultra is a finer, thinner coating. Sacrifice some durability, but minimal weight gain.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My only concern, is how it’s prepped and whether it can or will flake off. I had my wheel wells done at a Linex shop and in less than a year it’s flaking off. Perhaps that’s just a much higher stree area. But the more I look at it the more I like it. And it’s pretty damn unique too. Great color.

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My only concern, is how it’s prepped and whether it can or will flake off. I had my wheel wells done at a Linex shop and in less than a year it’s flaking off. Perhaps that’s just a much higher stree area. But the more I look at it the more I like it. And it’s pretty damn unique too. Great color.
I had the doors, hood and Snugtop line X on my gen 2 and it had zero issue. Yesterday I had the truck bed and hood line x on my gen 3……..I’m still trying to decide if I will have the doors and cap done as well. It is not only maintenance free, but because my dog jumps in and out of the window of the gen 2, the doors do not get claw marks.

Attachments

• 344C5100-C353-44C3-B29B-A8913B56D044.jpeg
    344C5100-C353-44C3-B29B-A8913B56D044.jpeg
    165.5 KB · Views: 86
  • 273BBFA8-B686-45DC-B70F-A1CE1556203F.jpeg
    273BBFA8-B686-45DC-B70F-A1CE1556203F.jpeg
    172.2 KB · Views: 84
OP
OP
D

Dairyman9

Reaction score
Honestly I really think it has to do with the quality of the prep work and detail. On a truck as expensive as a raptor, you might as well go for the best possible quality and workmanship. My sister had her Gen 2 sprayed by a really reputable shop, and after 3 years had no flaking issues. I think you gotta find the right place, do your research, check the quality of their past work, and not let price be the major determining factor on who you go with! If you end up going with one, would love to see how it turns out!

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With all the different wraps today, which can be returned to stock, I wonder if there's a wrap that emulates this process?