Competent Bay Area (San Jose CA) 4X4/Performance Shop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leanofpeak

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Raptor on the way and plan to do these mods:

- Deaver Springs

- SVC/RPG Bump Stop

- Some Baja Designs LEDs

- Whipple Kit or Cobb (if CA legal). Would prefer custom dyno tune at time of install, but would be happy with their off the shelf tune.

- A good alignment

- New ADD sliders/side steps (which ones are the lowest profile?)

- And whatever else I obsess over while waiting...

Google/Yelp came up with: Shaffers Performance in Alameda, Swat Customs in Fremont, The 4X4 Shop and NorCal Truck in Livermore, Advanced Truck in Morgan Hill.

Any of these shops reputable? Super knowledgeable? Honest? Any good?

I am planning on loading her up on a flatbed and sending her to SoCal to either SVC or RPG to have the work done but wanted to first see if there was a local option. After looking at the pictures online of some of the aforementioned shops, I have my doubts.

Please let me know what you think and/or recommend.

Thank you kindly.

vr4henry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had RPG bumpstops, deavers, SVC adjustable front collars, foglights, alignment, and a bunch of custom wiring done at SWAT customs in Fremont (Brian was shop lead). Shop did good work, IMO. I asked for "better than factory" on the wiring and their guy took a lot of extra time to wrap/run everything where OEM stuff went. No complaints -- I'd go back again.

Last edited: