coming to trr

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
5y9ymupu.jpg
Noah! I have a flasher relay wired up to my Digidiodes pods. It won't wig wag like its supposed to. Maybe you can take a look at it and in turn I can do your headrests and give you a hat lol. Here is the diagram I drew up. The lights are supposed to flash independently and still turn on solid when aux 4 is flipped on.

I used posi taps to tap power from the back of the 12v on the right side of the dash. The only thing that is wrong with this diagram is the momentary push button is drawing power from the 12v on the right side as well. But everything you see besides that is how its wired up

The lights flash but won't alternate back and forth between left and right.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
thats bad ass noah!! its gonna be nice to have you there and finally meet your ass!!! haha im planning on leaving here on monday and heading to the lake house. where are you planning on staying when you come out early? TMX? i plan on stoping by the tmx shop on my way through dallas fort worth area to pick up my tires

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yep. brandon from tmx has once again said i can stay with him and wreck his shop.... but i had to promise to clean up this time

al, i will look into your diagram and let you know what i think

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i'll tell you what i think about it haha it looks like a 2 year old drew it ;) and why does everyone call you AL don't they know that the AL in your name stands for alabama haha:ROFLJest:

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i will be attending this run. i have some systems to install. if you are looking to have some work done to your truck while i am out there please let me know. hopefully the tmx boys will be willing to let me use their garage again for installs prior to trr and then i will be available to do pretty much any electrical or audio work at the locaton of the meet with time permitting. let me know what you want and i will do my best to accomodate.

and my truck will be there. however most likely not on the track, but available for everyone to see. nothing fancy on the outside, but definitely worth taking a listen to.

Noah, can you pm me about possibly doing a Kenwood double din / maestro setup with JL Audio speakers/amps and a 10" to fit in the 1/3rd section of the scab back? wouldn't do it at TRR, but maybe before/after?

txcomp

Reaction score
5y9ymupu.jpg
Noah! I have a flasher relay wired up to my Digidiodes pods. It won't wig wag like its supposed to. Maybe you can take a look at it and in turn I can do your headrests and give you a hat lol. Here is the diagram I drew up. The lights are supposed to flash independently and still turn on solid when aux 4 is flipped on.

I used posi taps to tap power from the back of the 12v on the right side of the dash. The only thing that is wrong with this diagram is the momentary push button is drawing power from the 12v on the right side as well. But everything you see besides that is how its wired up

The lights flash but won't alternate back and forth between left and right.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I may be looking at this wrong but I see a couple of issues that either are incorrectly wired or I need some more explanation on:

1: The switch on the left looks to be non-functioning since B+ is wired to both the feed pole and the switched pole of the switch.

2: I don't see any diodes on your B+ feed. I believe this is the root of your problem. You need to isolate each light's B+ with a diode from the other feed from the flasher box. Basically, each time the left or right triggers, both lights are flashing because they are both tied together.

3: Are there relays in the box or just not pictured??

txcomp

Reaction score
Flasher Diagram

I got a few minutes to do a diagram showing diodes and locations as I understood the ckt from your diagram. The graphic got truncated a little when I exported it so you need to look close on the right side for the ground. I'd personally used some barrier strips to make my connections and build the diode bridges for a cleaner and more serviceable installation. I also "installed" diodes facing your flasher control box just in case. I'm sure if has them in place internally but I wasn't sure. You're going to need to use some pretty "big" diodes to handle the current draw of the lights.

The drawing got a little convoluted so you obviously don't have to take all of your grounds all the way back to the battery. I'd expect that you already have chassis grounds for the switch, control box and lights. This drawing also assumes high current relays internal to the control box. Most of the fire/LE vehicles I've wired lights/sirens in before had high current relays contained in the control module.

If you have any questions, just holla!

8560-flasher-diagram.gif

Last edited:
OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
giving this a bump. preorder all your equipment, and i will haul it all down to texas for you, saving on shipping costs. also, there are special prices avalable on jl audio and focal stuff.