Coming soon to a Gen 1 Raptor...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heybear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i looked hard at that same sort of setup... it needs to be as close to the center section as possible which means the exhaust likely needs to move outboard, towards the frame rails... the setup I was looking at flipped the forward shackle to above vice below the forward x-brace... gives you a traction bar without sacrificing any ground clearance... for me that would have had me relocate my onboard air setup... i'm very interested to see how you fit it up in there... again I had sort of paper planned it out... but had stopped short of pulling the trigger due to my application specific challenges... for example, it would be hard to install on a full SW performance connect true dual l/t header/exhaust setup... again, love to see pictures when its done...
true facts. I'm curious too. tire is going the bed, which helps everything. I'm also going to try to do the SVT bumps at the same time, which may make things easier or blow it all up.

I agree that the exhaust is a challenge and I want it to exit to the rear. I just have faith in the general goodness and competence of my exhaust guy to make it all work.

Paper seems smart. If I put it on CAD, I would never start.

Was the exhaust the big limiter that you found? or something else?

I am not married to a dual. My motor is stock, if I can get a clean single 3.5" mandrel bent pipe in, I'm more than happy.

radelow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I said this from day-1, even during the Engineer chat with the SVT team, I asked about this at Ford chat hours I believe on this site or some other one, and spoken to RPG & SVC. Everyone said it doesn't need them. Ford said that they compensated for axle wrap with the traction control algorithm. Well fast forward to the last couple years. I see that SVC is using part-of or inspired by the AutoFab traction kit (Quick look at the front mount looks to be the same and possibly the rear; notable quick look is the use of a heim on the one end. Also it's only for the Gen-2, doesn't appear that they have one for the Gen-1 specifically last I checked which was a while back). Autofab was the first mail-order kit available at the time. Now KHC, RPG (Looks like very-very nice kit), and etc. have kits. Having nice set of Deaver, National, or other multi-leaf springs that help combat wrap--it still needs something. Depending on your intended use and capabilities (Some require welding) of your suspension (wheel travel, load, etc.), most of these kits will be well suited and take care of the issue to varying degrees. Just depends on how hard and long you intend to use it. My preference is function over form with a heavy focus on low maintenance. ;)

SVC makes it for Gen 1. I have them on my Raptor.

OP
OP
bubblehead93

bubblehead93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a few companies that build these kits for both specific vehicle and generic applications, the actual traction bar needs to be pretty long due to our suspension travel and then the forward shackle needs to be pretty tall as well... I need to go find my notes and measurements, I agree though, you could install this type of traction bar and it would not be able to articulate sufficiently due to it being double captured at the axle, all of the articulation is in the forward shackle... the RPG and other Raptor kits get around this with a single fixed connection to the axle and the "traction bar" effect coming from a bump stop at the axle... hopefully that makes sense in words.... easier to see in pictures...

PTYHRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the RPG. The wheel hop is really bad especially supercharged. So you all recommend? I couldn't decided if I just do the trac bars or go full deavers and the RPG Suspension kit. I really want to get the truck riding nice.

OP
OP
bubblehead93

bubblehead93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the RPG. The wheel hop is really bad especially supercharged. So you all recommend? I couldn't decided if I just do the trac bars or go full deavers and the RPG Suspension kit. I really want to get the truck riding nice.
Deavers/Icons improved axle wrap but did not eliminate it, you also need the traction bars imho...

PTYHRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Deavers/Icons improved axle wrap but did not eliminate it, you also need the traction bars imho...
Awesome thanks. Have you had better luck ordering through a specific company or person? RPG seems a little more expensive than other sites.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
RPG!!!!
They are a little expensive for a reason!!!
You're not going to find a better setup anywhere.

You need the Deavers or Icons rear springs for ride and stability.

PTYHRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spoke with them today. Awesome info and company. Just looking for a reputable shop to do the install. Going to get the jdm upgrades too.