Coming soon to a Gen 1 Raptor...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
bubblehead93

bubblehead93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have not got on a trail yet, but a bunch of to and from work driving... if you have never driven a raptor with traction bars... omfg... where have you been all my life... there was the expected improvements, dead stop WOT launches 1-2 and 2-3 shifts... but was surprised at the brutality (in a good way) of a 4-2 downshift at WOT with the traction bars (on ramp to highway)... the truck squats, snaps your neck (was not ready, neck actually popped, lol), and leaps forward now... did not realize how much axle wrap was occurring with the 4-2 downshift... luv, luv, luv these things...

flynford

Reaction score
I said this from day-1, even during the Engineer chat with the SVT team, I asked about this at Ford chat hours I believe on this site or some other one, and spoken to RPG & SVC. Everyone said it doesn't need them. Ford said that they compensated for axle wrap with the traction control algorithm. Well fast forward to the last couple years. I see that SVC is using part-of or inspired by the AutoFab traction kit (Quick look at the front mount looks to be the same and possibly the rear; notable quick look is the use of a heim on the one end. Also it's only for the Gen-2, doesn't appear that they have one for the Gen-1 specifically last I checked which was a while back). Autofab was the first mail-order kit available at the time. Now KHC, RPG (Looks like very-very nice kit), and etc. have kits. Having nice set of Deaver, National, or other multi-leaf springs that help combat wrap--it still needs something. Depending on your intended use and capabilities (Some require welding) of your suspension (wheel travel, load, etc.), most of these kits will be well suited and take care of the issue to varying degrees. Just depends on how hard and long you intend to use it. My preference is function over form with a heavy focus on low maintenance. ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
bubblehead93

bubblehead93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did add a 1/2" stack of fender washers under each bump stop to close the gap a bit, less wrap before the arm impacts the bump stop... left just enough room for the bump stop to not make contact during normal suspension cycling...

OP
OP
bubblehead93

bubblehead93

Full Access Member
Reaction score

OP
OP
bubblehead93

bubblehead93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i looked hard at that same sort of setup... it needs to be as close to the center section as possible which means the exhaust likely needs to move outboard, towards the frame rails... the setup I was looking at flipped the forward shackle to above vice below the forward x-brace... gives you a traction bar without sacrificing any ground clearance... for me that would have had me relocate my onboard air setup... i'm very interested to see how you fit it up in there... again I had sort of paper planned it out... but had stopped short of pulling the trigger due to my application specific challenges... for example, it would be hard to install on a full SW performance connect true dual l/t header/exhaust setup... again, love to see pictures when its done...