Coming from a 2.7 Ecoboost F150 Lariat.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
My 2.7 IMHO is very peppy, more so in Sport mode. What can I expect? Serious question. I have never driven a Raptor before.

Honeybadger_Zero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2.7 IMHO is very peppy, more so in Sport mode. What can I expect? Serious question. I have never driven a Raptor before.
Test drove a 2019 from my dealers used lot before putting in my order. The other vehicle in my stable is platinum explorer with the 3.5TT. Less power but also less weight. It’s fast... but the raptor felt a bit faster. And was fast as **** off the asphalt. So given you’re already in an F-150 it’ll be much quicker than your current ride.

coryatver

Reaction score
I have a raptor and 2.7 work truck
. The 2.7 is impressive and it is very peppy. But there is no doubt the raptor has more power when you drive it

Raptorlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raptor isn’t going to feel much faster. I’ve had a rental 2.7 (Anyone else always request pickups for rental cars?) and it was fun on the skinny tires and much lighter truck. The Raptor will feel completely different in terms of ride quality - night and day, on road as well as off (obviously).

LouK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We absolutely loved our 2.7.
driving around town not getting into the gas much the 2.7 feels quicker. Spool the turbos and the raptor feels quicker.
the big difference is the floaty feeling you get in the raptor compared to a regular f150, that and the tire noise.

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I understand why people are saying the 2.7 feels more peppy compared to the 3.5HO, I think it's important to remember that it only *feels* that way and isn't actually the faster truck. Strangely, the 2.7 vs 3.5HO comparison reminds me of the 3.5TT vs 5.0 comparison when I originally bought my '15--the 3.5TT felt incredibly quicker than the 5.0 but there really wasn't a huge difference in power, just feel.