Coming back to Gen1 with a question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I could have found one with no rust at a reasonable price, I'd have done it. There's nothing i liked more than my 2013.

Market is quite crazy down here(south) for a lower mileage one.

Mid 40's to uppers 40's I've seen for trucks under 50k miles.

Can't say I blame ya for spending a bit more on a G2.

OP
OP
KODIAK

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Market is quite crazy down here(south) for a lower mileage one.

Mid 40's to uppers 40's I've seen for trucks under 50k miles.

Can't say I blame ya for spending a bit more on a G2.[/QUOTE

Yep it’s hard for me to spend that much on a truck that’s out of warranty honestly.

Steve Young

Reaction score
I have a 2013 Velociraptor, that has a 2.3 liter Roush supercharger at it's core. The modified throttle body, larger intercooler, and modified injectors along with the tune results in ~700 hp. I't's got 35k miles on it and it still runs like its brand new. I have not had any issues with it, is super reliable and pulls just about anything. I just love mine and would buy another one if the need arises. If you have the opportunity and the $$, go for it. I would do it again.

raisins

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here to say I went from a Gen 1, to a Gen 2, to a RAM 2500 and now just bought a low mile Gen 1 sight unseen. Picking it up in a few days and I CAN’T WAIT TO BE BACK. Greatest truck ever made. Should have never sold my first one!!!

BoostedToy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2013 Velociraptor, that has a 2.3 liter Roush supercharger at it's core. The modified throttle body, larger intercooler, and modified injectors along with the tune results in ~700 hp. I't's got 35k miles on it and it still runs like its brand new. I have not had any issues with it, is super reliable and pulls just about anything. I just love mine and would buy another one if the need arises. If you have the opportunity and the $$, go for it. I would do it again.

I have 2013 Roush Stage II w/JDM tune and a 72mm pulley. It’s probably in the 630hp area w/129k. It’s been a dime.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
Here to say I went from a Gen 1, to a Gen 2, to a RAM 2500 and now just bought a low mile Gen 1 sight unseen. Picking it up in a few days and I CAN’T WAIT TO BE BACK. Greatest truck ever made. Should have never sold my first one!!!
Bought my Gen 1 from a dealer 250 miles away after looking at over 800 Raptors online, making deals on 2 of them, sellers crapped out, and almost giving up. Only had online photos to looks at. Found at last minute, called dealer, put deposit on credit card, hit the bank in the morning and drove straight there to pick my baby up. VERY HAPPY!!! :):):) Couldn't NOT be happier. This one had EVERYTHING I wanted and more. You could tell it was garage kept.

Good luck! You will love it, I'm sure.

Herk91

Reaction score
Nice. Yep I never should have gotten rid of my Gen1. Best truck I had, almost 100k when I got rid of it with literally not a single issue. I’m in the rust belt, so debating on shipping a southern truck up here if I can find the right one, it doesn’t seem like a lot of guys crawled under and wire wheeled the rust off each year and covered with POR15 like I did. Sucks.

i just bought a 14’ Raptor that originated in Indiana. Stayed there for three years before it was sold and shipped to Florida for the last 4 years. Sold again and brought back to Missouri, I bought the truck in February with 79k miles. I crawled all over mine for the better part of an hour looking for corrosion and found NONE. Was ecstatic. Glad I bought a Gen1. I found a couple that were in the ball park but not as good as this one. Well cared for. Couple of mods that were done were the addition of Rigid fog lights and a bed cover from Bakflip industries. Great truck.