Coming back to Gen1 with a question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruckus08

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree with others on this thread OP, get it checked out first, or ask the seller to take it to third party if remote (they may not but I’ve had good luck with these asks in the past with a deposit). If no concerns then you’re good.

TAURUS

Reaction score
If you are looking for a GEN 1 2014, Tuxedo Black SCREW, while not SC, it is hands down the cleanest, most immaculate and well equipped GEN 1 anywhere. @35K miles. My brother-in-law bought a GEN 2 and is about to start parting out the GEN 1. STOP him before he does so. I guarantee you won't be disappointed. Located outside Chicago @sj-CHI

SKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@TAURUS I have seen pictures of his Gen 1, looks really clean and equipped with a lot of aftermarket parts. He has already listed some items for sale, someone stop him.

GWBush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to jump back in and grab a lower mileage Gen1...I miss it. Never really loved my Gen2 and sold it after a year. I’ve found a few that I like, two of which are Roush with about 50k on the clock. Any hesitation in buying a 7 year old supercharged truck? For whatever reason it doesn’t sit well with me, and I guess I’d probably prefer stock but I figured I’d ask. Thanks
Welcome to the OG Life.

I’m going contrarian here and advising against SC, tuning, etc. I have a mint 2010 with 121k miles and wouldn’t let anyone touch the engine except for all scheduled maintenance.

I say that to agree with you: Gen 1 SCAB is the BEST TRUCK EVER. SVT got it right.. then... Ford Performance came along and well ...it’s just not the same IMO. I’ve added BTG light bar, Rigid rear bumper lights, Corsa exhaust and new shocks. But not touching the engine (and I’ve modded every damn sports car I’ve owned)

Some of the reason is it’s original 2010, white gauges, all options, and don’t want anything detrimental to happen to the engine. I see occasional issues pop on the forum and I don’t want to screw with it frankly.

This truck came with 27 pages of CarFax where PO had 43 oil changes and all accelerated maintenance up to 120k miles all at Ford Dealerships... I thought I was crazy on vehicle upkeep. You can find one that’s been babied and it will be worth every penny if the records are tight

Anyway, let us know what you do and post those pics Brotha!

GEN_ONE

Reaction score
Purchased my GEN 1 with a Stage II Roush SC with 65K miles on the clock. Love this thing, its a sleeper until you get on the skinny pedal and then well it is AWESOMENESS!!

Brad12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no regrets buying my 2014 that a previous owner put a Roush supercharger on. I got it with 81K miles and it's now at 119K miles with lots of hard off roading (multiple Baja trips, death valley, Utah/Arizona/Nevada multiple times, etc.) and I love it.

As long as it's clean and looks like it's been taken care of... I say go for it.

OP
OP
KODIAK

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kept looking and with the prices of the low mileage Gen 1's, I just couldn't find what I was looking for. Even shipping one from down south. I ended up back in a 2018.