Colorado - Last Dollar trail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TiFJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ouray is a great town. Very quiet but full of great people, definitely worth spending some time in.

Black Betty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, going through Santa Fe into Colorado mid April. As of right now the plan is to go through Pagosa Springs, Durango and maybe go as far as Silverton. After reading this thread I'd ask if there are any other trails like Last Dollar (this would be my first time doing a trail) around Santa Fe, Pagosa Springs, Durango and or Silverton, or should I just include Last Dollar to my trip? Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

Last edited:

Black Betty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My trip is just around the corner, anyone have any trail suggestions in and around Durango/Silverton?

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
Honestly I have done most of the trails around Ouray and put it in 4x4 maybe 4 times. Don't under estimate a quick lock of the rear diff. As long as your not turning a sharp turn it will keep you going 90 of the time. Things do get more interesting in the rain but, don't look back. You are going to have a blast. Make sure your camera is charged and SD cards are cheap!

CORR14 Gallery

CO_Panorama1-X2.jpg

IMG_3215-XL.jpg

Last edited:

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is of interest to me for sure! Wife and I are moving out to Windsor Memorial Day weekend so I need to start finding places to play once our lives calm down again.

Black Betty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions, I'm taking off from DFW.
Trey, I just found out that Silver Dollar is closed till June which sucks. Living in DFW we don't deal with long winters so I only recently thought to ask about the trail conditions. I'm considering trails south of Durango (if there are any) or spending a little more time in New Mexico (if there are any trails).
Again, suggestions appreciated

cbs001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions, I'm taking off from DFW.
Trey, I just found out that Silver Dollar is closed till June which sucks. Living in DFW we don't deal with long winters so I only recently thought to ask about the trail conditions. I'm considering trails south of Durango (if there are any) or spending a little more time in New Mexico (if there are any trails).
Again, suggestions appreciated

How about Southern Utah. Stay in Moab a few days to offroad and have Arches and Canyon lands national parks. Head down to Mexican hat, Monument valley area. Tons of trails. Or head towards Boulder Utah and take off road routes to lake Powell.