Colorado Dealer sold order out from under me...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I was still up in Denver I had gone there to look at buying a new mustang. They kept trying to get me to sign an agreement to buy it before telling me what the details on the loan would be. So after the kept pressuring my I instead hooked them thinking I would be back the next day with a check and then blew off that salesman. No way was I agreeing to buy the vehicle and signing paperwork with out being given the details on what the financing was. For all I knew they were going to hand me papers saying it was 18%, even after telling me it should be between 2.5 and 5% depending on number of months.

Best part was they were so hooked that I was going to buy it that they even started doing paperwork with ford saying they sold it to me. I am sure that salesman looked like a fool at the end. I even received a letter from ford congratulating me on my new purchase. Felt good being able to turn things around on a dealer that was trying to screw with me.

OP
OP
J

johndjmix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, not too worry too much about that "agreement to buy" thing. Means nothing. Just a psychological tool to put the buy into the customers head.

Same here, they kept changing things.

I'll never go there again.

--John

OP
OP
J

johndjmix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who knows. The only dealer I trust is Greenway ford in Orlando. Never led me wrong.

--john

dogknat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see they still have 31 Raptors for sale. Can this be right?

New Ford F-150 For Sale | Phil Long Ford of Denver Serving Denver

They have to be pulling from the entire dealership group. My uncle just bought a 14 screw in Arizona. Said they had 30+ Raptors still on the lot same idea pulling from all their dealers to the primary. Still sour at the phil long dealer group. Last time I drove by my favorite dealer out there I gave them a salute through the moonroof while blasting the horn.......:flipthebird:

loonibab

Reaction score
That's what happened with me and how I got my first Raptor, I was that ******* who bought someone else's pre-order.. I have a friend in sales at one of our local ford dealers.. When the 2013's first came out I was trying to get one and he kept telling me he had to put me on a waiting list... I agreed to go on a list, however within a week I got a call saying ~ "look this idiot just ordered a Raptor and it's here and he doesn't feel like picking it up till next week - if you buy it today I'll sell you it." It came just the way I wanted it :) And that's how I got my first raptor.. oh and at that time he was selling it for $3500 over MSPR, he sold it for 2500 under.. I think he was not happy with that customer.

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what happened with me and how I got my first Raptor, I was that ******* who bought someone else's pre-order.. I have a friend in sales at one of our local ford dealers.. When the 2013's first came out I was trying to get one and he kept telling me he had to put me on a waiting list... I agreed to go on a list, however within a week I got a call saying ~ "look this idiot just ordered a Raptor and it's here and he doesn't feel like picking it up till next week - if you buy it today I'll sell you it." It came just the way I wanted it :) And that's how I got my first raptor.. oh and at that time he was selling it for $3500 over MSPR, he sold it for 2500 under.. I think he was not happy with that customer.

Could have been all kinds of legit reasons for why the guy couldn't get there right away. ****** up on the dealerships part.

GutweinMCP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new Raptor "scene" is getting ugly in a hurry. There are a few stores that had the pocket books to buy up 50+ of them through locators and are just sitting and waiting now. I'm trying to find one for a customer now who has to have a new one. I've got the exact truck he wants with 9k miles on the lot that is pristine too!

OP
OP
J

johndjmix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just saw a 2014 crew cab raptor at a toyota dealer with 10k miles on it. Asking $11,000 OVER original msrp!

--John