Colorado Dealer sold order out from under me...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford needs to get their dealer network in line. Stories like this are becoming all to common.
This sort of thing coupled with poor warranty service is going to hurt Ford in the long run.

mikehoncho88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did GM go bust?

Well lots of reasons...

In my mind, a big one was they let their dealers run wild with prices and service. The price thing gave all the imports an edge in resale. ( why buy used if the new one is cheaper).

Service was the big one though. GM dealers did every dirty trick in the book. Looks like Ford is intent to go the same way...

SonnyAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just thinking this story sounded really familiar...Then I read it was the same group as the Columbine debacle a while back! What a bunch of ass-hats! Probably zero you can do, but I'd definitely put a complaint in with Ford for any occurance like this! One of the Chevy dealers in Anchorage almost lost their dealership years ago due to stupid practices like this...Chevrolet squared them away and now they really have their crap together...They don't pull stuff like this anymore!

spirit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. Years back, I ordered a new Ford dually from a COLORADO dealership also (Denver area -- don't recall the name). I got a phone call saying my truck had been involved in a transport accident as it rolled-off the shipping truck or rail car -- don't remember which. It was one of those very obvious BS calls that are embarrassing to both sides. I was told not to worry, they would start the order process for a new truck.

Because of the times and this specific truck, I knew it was a wanted item. I did some quick investigative work and sure enough, the truck had been sold.

I called my lawyer, who in turn called the dealership and Ford. They both paid attention to the problem and I had a new truck in something like 7--10 days.

Happens all the time when ordering popular vehicles from what I've learned. Now, whenever I order a new car or truck, I always recite this little story to the sales manager -- and the guy always has the same astonished look in his eyes...lol...and he quickly assures me that his dealership would never stoop to such tactics…

OP
OP
J

johndjmix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny thing is, the first dealer I went to here (NOT THE ONE THAT SCREWED ME), still has the same Raptors, sitting on the lot unsold. These guys want 10K over MSRP, but at least were honest with me, and would only go to $3,500 over. They want a lot, but like i said, at least they were straight and to the point.

The question is, how long will they sit there....will they eventually give up on the over MSRP thing? Its a tough game to play, especially when anyday ford could announce a 2016 raptor.

--John

spirit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no doubt at all that there is a multitude of Boomers out there who will have no problem paying an extra 10 grand to get their hands on a Raptor TODAY!

But I agree, positive news of the next Raptor model could very well dash some dealers hopes of the Big Score.

ALDABRAMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Phil Long ownership group is getting f##king famous for this. This is the same owner group that really screwed me over at Columbine Ford in Rifle doing the same thing. Seems like this is something they are pushing in the coolaid. You need to at least let customer service know and/or the ford rep on the boards FordService. Crap like that will continue until enough paying customers start telling Mother Ford that they are fed up.

* This will continue to happen, because we (customers) allow it to happen and do not stick together! No unity, this is typical!

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with a dealer asking over MSRP. After all, the S in MSRP stands for "suggested". We get cars under MSRP all the time. We of course don't complain then.

They can ask. We can buy or not buy.

It's the underhanded unethical behavior, which is a separate point from asking for more than MSRP that kills me. $500 for "stripes"? $700 for "paint protection" (aka wax)? At least the ones that say "market adjustment" are being honest.

They can ask $1M for a Raptor. If someone is willing to pay that, then congratulations. Just don't tell me you'll sell me something then sell it to someone else, signed contract be damned. Remember your "word"? When a hand shake was enough?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free