Colorado Backcountry Trip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TMart

Reaction score
Awesome. Great pics! Thanks for sharing. I was lucky to drive those trails in a jeep with a buddy on the way out to Raptor Assault a few years ago. Until seeing your post, there's no way I would have been brave enough to take my Raptor. Now I'm trying to figure out how to get there again! That is one of the coolest parts of the country and fairly accessible.

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just got back from a trip to Moab and Ouray... Not with the Raptor though. Didn't do a ton of wheeling in Ouray either. Just did Yankee Boy Basin. Imogene was closed. Took the super duty.
Ouray is my dad's hometown. Fellin park and the hotsprings are on ground donated by my great grandfather, Oliver Fellin. Three houses he built are still there and his shop is now a Jeep rental outfit. The family still owns 9 mines in the area.
Need to get out there more...

20200914_172741_HDR.jpg

20200914_154033_HDR.jpg

20200914_100648.jpg

20200914_180204_HDR.jpg

20200914_120615_HDR.jpg

OP
OP
Raptor18Actual

Raptor18Actual

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Semper Fi Devil Dog! Wish I knew you were coming in, I would have joined you. Let me know if you make another trip this way.

Great pics! :)

Rah next time killer S/F

Awesome. Great pics! Thanks for sharing. I was lucky to drive those trails in a jeep with a buddy on the way out to Raptor Assault a few years ago. Until seeing your post, there's no way I would have been brave enough to take my Raptor. Now I'm trying to figure out how to get there again! That is one of the coolest parts of the country and fairly accessible.

Yeah, so many trails and hiking/camping. Highly recommend you get out there!

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! That looks like a great trip! I definitely need to go out there by myself with hopefully some other Raptors.....after the scenario we had on the White Rim Loop in Moab, the wife said she's out for any 10+ hour OR trail trips. o_O Oh, and I've gone to Moab for 2 years and run many trails out there without issue on the VenomRex 20's......I only have 1 very small nick on one of my spokes from a rock that had to have come from driving on the highway. I've had no issues running 20's off road, and only air down to about 28 lbs.