Colorado Backcountry Trip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor18Actual

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove from MI out to CO last week to let the Raptor out to play in something more than MI's ORV flat dirt tracks. 4k miles total start to finish, camping throughout. Was an absolute blast and now I'm even more jealous of everyone living out west that has close access to these types of trails.

Hit up the Alpine Loop (Engineer & Cinnamon Pass); California and Corkscrew Passes; Ophir; Imogene; and Medano Passes. Was going to do Tincup as well but the day we were going to hit it was the day it decided to drop 40 degrees and a foot of snow so we had to skip that.

Was a little worried at first reading about narrow shelf roads and tight switchbacks along the trails and thinking about the size of the Raptor, but that ended up being no issue. Having been to Raptor Assault helped in that I felt much more confident in the angles that the truck could handle as some of the switchbacks and parts of the trails reached up to 22 degrees both fore/aft and port/starboard incline.

Medano
6xAMZPM.jpg

Engineer
xCcr4yl.jpg
BeD1WzT.jpg
3uo9Uy3.jpg

Cinnamon
m6ecrEK.jpg
VZEcIWk.jpg

Ophir
YsV58vK.jpg
VHatlcq.jpg

Imogene
KnDy44j.jpg
B2O932j.jpg

Obligatory poser rock
rSTUztc.jpg
jEkYdBp.jpg
B7ZnGaE.jpg
1WrKFNq.jpg

Fiancee's first water crossing
giphy.gif

Crossing Imogene Creek w/finacee's snarky commentary. First attempt was due to a drop off on the driver side that you can't see in the video and coming in at the wrong angle,

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn nice color of truck! Have the same wheel set up as you only in bronze. Did you sense at any time you wished you had the 17's on? I'm happy to see the 20's will do everything that I'd like to do with the truck.

OP
OP
Raptor18Actual

Raptor18Actual

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn nice color of truck! Have the same wheel set up as you only in bronze. Did you sense at any time you wished you had the 17's on? I'm happy to see the 20's will do everything that I'd like to do with the truck.

The only thing I wish was that I went bronze instead.

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I followed you on Instagram but it's a guy from Texas, did a lot of what you did with a similar looking truck, lol.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
sent this to the wife...we were supposed to do this sort of trip this summer...before covid.......I am going next year...with or without her

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of fun out here! I have 20s, and air them down to 25 and they're fine. I am running the E rated KO2s. Ophir is a trip for sure.

OP
OP
Raptor18Actual

Raptor18Actual

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why? Your's look great.

I just like the contrast with the bronze better

Well done. Fiance? well... hopefully she’s a good cook. ;-)

I'm the main cook of the house haha, but she did make some bomb breakfast burritos I forgot to take a picture of being too busy scarfing them down. I did capture them cooking at the campsite:
giphy.gif

Lots of fun out here! I have 20s, and air them down to 25 and they're fine. I am running the E rated KO2s. Ophir is a trip for sure.

Yeah, jealous of what y'all got out there...I'd say I liked Imogene best, followed by Engineer, then Ophir. Sad I missed out on Tincup, but just another reason to get back out there. I was running 24 front / 20 rear with no problems